91 A Plan to Break Them Up

Despite everything, things seemed to slowly calm down in the immortal realms. Unfortunately, the same couldn't be said about matters in the mortal realm.

Having found out just who the man was that Hua Lin Yu had 'fallen in love with' and how he was related to the original Xiang Yu, Xin Lan immediately went to see Sect Master Fei.

His expression already told her that he wasn't happy, or maybe it would be more accurate to say that he was even less happy than before. She couldn't say that she was surprised. "I take it things aren't any better with my disciple?"

Xin Lan shook his head and then walked over to stand next to her. Fei Bai Mu had been in the stone garden behind her palace, looking out at the array protecting the sect that she had shown Xin Lan previously.

He looked at it as well, unable not to remember how they had talked about his intentions back then at this exact place. He stayed quiet for a while before he finally sighed. "You know, I sincerely love him. I might not have in the beginning and only seen it as my duty but now, I love him."

Fei Bai Mu turned to glance at him, wondering why he felt the need to tell her that again. "I know that. Even if you didn't tell me, I would be able to see it. Unfortunately, Xiao Yu seems to have other thoughts right now."

Xin Lan nodded. "In this case though, those feelings, they are ... not without reason. I have made certain of that by now. In fact, they are something carried over from this past life. The person he originally loved back then ... the guy is with now is his spitting image."

Fei Bai Mu raised her brows. To be honest, she was not that surprised. "Well, it seemed a little strange how fast he fell for him. But then, it was the same when he met you."

Xin Lan narrowed his eyes and gave a hum. To be honest, he hadn't thought much about it in recent years, but this was the truth. Others might not know but the moment that Hua Lin Yu saw him for the first time — even though he had only been a newborn — he had latched onto him as if he really remembered his promise to him. As if he was able to recognize that the one in front of him was his person, for him to grab onto and stay with for the rest of his life. Could that really be? Had he carried over everything from his past life even if he couldn't consciously remember?

Xin Lan shook his head, turning to Fei Bai Mu as well. "Well, let's not talk about that. The problem is that back then, things didn't go well. I don't know know the details as that was before I even met him, but I know that they got married and then, things must've gone very wrong.

"He ... he fell. For a god, that is a sign that they have reached their lowest point. So I can only imagine what kind of trouble he has actually been through. Now, I don't think it is good if he is with that man. It will just fuel his obsession and especially considering that that guy is half a demon, I think you shouldn't let that happen."

Fei Bai Mu requited his gaze, realizing what Xin Lan was trying to do. "You want me to break them up so you can try your luck again."

Xin Lan faintly tilted his head but then nodded. "I won't deny it. That is what I want, yes."

Fei Bai Mu continued to look at him, not sure how to respond. Looking at Xin Lan, she knew that he really had feelings for Hua Lin Yu. But one-sided feelings wouldn't make a happy relationship. And if she broke her disciple and that man up ... "What makes you so sure that he will come back to you?"

Xin Lan's brows furrowed and he shook his head. "He will. I believe that with that person out of the way, there will be nothing keeping him from staying true to his real emotions. I do believe that he loves me. He originally did. It was only after meeting this person that he changed."

Fei Bai Mu nodded and then sighed again. "Well, I said I was willing to help you. It is just that ... breaking them up won't be easy. There's no reason to forbid them from being together. And even if I did, with the state that Xiao Yu is in, who knows if he would listen to me? They might just elope. I don't think that is what you want. You might have a really difficult time finding them."

Xin Lan clenched his hands before forcing himself to relax. "Well, I'm sure there's some type of plan that we can come up with. Something that will make Xiao Yu willing a break up with him.

"Isn't there something that this guy wants? Something that we could offer him? If Xiao Yu sees that he would be willing to leave him if he was just offered enough incentives, then surely, he would regret his choice."

"Are you sure of that?" To be honest, Fei Bai Mu herself doubted that it could work. While usually, this was indeed the kind of heartbreak that would make somebody reconsider their relationship, if what Xin Lan said about her disciple's past and that man was true, then surely, the usual way wouldn't apply to him. So maybe instead of actually breaking them up, this would just make things worse. She didn't think that this was a smart choice.

Xin Lan had his doubts himself. But there wasn't really any chance to come up with much else, was there? Anyway, he didn't have another idea. Not at the moment at least. After all, in the past, he had never needed to fight for someone. These kinds of plans, where would he take them from?

He closed his eyes and shook his head, not even sure what to say. "I don't know. In fact, I have my doubts. But then, this is the only thing I can currently think of so I want to give it try. If it works ... I would be more than happy. If not, then I will come up with something else to try."