90 It's Complicated

Duan Ming and Lan Ling turned to Jinde, the clogs in their head obviously turning.

Meanwhile, Qiu Ling gave him an exasperated look as well. "How can you just say that?" This was supposed to be a secret!

Jinde cupped his cheek and gave that stepson of his a lazy look. "Child, if you're going to marry him, this is going to come out anyway. After all, it's not like there's another explanation. Everyone in the dragon realm will know. Either that or they'd have to wonder if you are actually a dragon."

Qiu Ling tilted his head and gave him a beseeching look to not talk about that anymore. It was one thing to expose Jing He's trial since some people already knew about it and others knowing wouldn't necessarily have any bad consequences. But if his parentage was exposed, that would be a different matter altogether.

He would lose his claim to the throne and probably also the person he loved. It would be difficult to explain everything to Jing He after he returned from his trial but there was at least a chance that their relationship would survive this. If everything imploded on itself before that, then he was afraid that there would not be a chance for calm explanations though.

Also, if the Heavenly Emperor knew, he would work against him even more. As for Bai Fen ... Well, so far, she had always been on his side but he didn't know if that wouldn't change his she was afraid that he might be a threat to her son. And a demon usually was a threat, even if it was just a half-demon.

Duan Ming and Lan Ling didn't even get a glimpse at the truth beneath Jinde's words, and only figured that he was speaking hypothetically there. Anyway, of course, the dragon king was a dragon. Why wouldn't he be? No, instead, this clearly meant that there was a relationship between Zhong Jing Yi and crown prince Jing He that they never could have imagined existing.

They turned to look at him and seeing Jing Yi's stiffen even further, they weren't sure what to think anymore.

While Duan Ming was pondering how to say it best, Lan Ling just got out with it.

"So, are you the reincarnation of our crown prince? For ... his trial?" Because otherwise, there would be no need to assassinate him, right? If he had been reincarnated just like that, then that would mean their crown prince was already dead. And he really didn't think that he was. Otherwise, they would've heard of that, wouldn't they?

Jing Yi smiled wryly but finally nodded. "It's true. It's ... it's complicated."

Duan Ming raised a hand and rubbed his forehead. No wonder! Really, it was no wonder that he had only been exiled then. If he had been a normal person, for sure, he would've been killed. But if he was indeed the crown prince's reincarnation for his trial, then there was a reason to leave him alive.

Well, not that he understood why he hadn't been killed immediately after ascending but that was probably precisely why Jing Yi had said that it was complicated. There had to be more to this than they were able to see. He also knew that they wouldn't be able to find out that easily. Not that he thought that they should inquire further.

He sighed and then shook his head. "I see. Well, in that case, I guess we shouldn't get involved in this matter. I take it that the Court of Justice knows about it?"

Jing Yi nodded. "They are working on ... a solution."

Duan Ming nodded and then turned to the dragon king, inclining his head. "I'm sorry. We ... we clearly overstepped. We just thought that as gods, it was our duty to not just ignore this matter after we found out."

Qiu Ling gave a wry smile. "Well, I guess I understand that. Anyway, matters are indeed complicated, let's just leave it at that. I'm sure that the Heavenly couple, the God of War, and the God of Justice will be able to deal with everything though. We ... just need to stay here and make sure that nothing else happens."

At that, the two young gods side-eyed Jing Yi once again. He had gone to try and kill the Son of Heaven. Now, he was still left running around. Didn't they need to worry?

Qiu Ling's lips twitched when he saw this. They had just said that they shouldn't get involved anymore but they clearly looked as if they would. "Don't worry. Originally, I never expected that something like this could happen so we didn't take any precautions. By now, Jing Yi swore an oath that he will not try to hurt him again. So you can put your mind at ease. Anyway, you're still welcome as guests in my palace. We'll just leave this matter behind us."

Duan Ming and Lan Ling nodded, the latter immediately turning to Leng Jin Yu.

"So, what are you doing? I thought you would be doing a lot of socializing in the first few days."

Leng Jin Yu had already paid more attention to the talk as soon as his husband got involved and now turned to Lan Ling as well. "Well, we should, but there's so much going on that we figured we should try to help as well. We haven't really been able to find anything though. Anyway, now that you are here, we should probably take care of that first. You likely don't have a room yet?"

Lan Ling nodded, clearly eager to get one though. As soon as they had a room, they would be permanent residents of the dragon king's palace, after all. "Can we get a room close to you?"

Leng Jin Yu's expression didn't change at all but beneath the table, he felt his husband kicking his leg. "Well, I'm not sure if that would be possible. Jiang Li is going to take over the task of one of the dragon king's advisers for the time being. So we were placed in a part of the palace that is not really meant for regular guests. I'm afraid you'll have to take a room elsewhere."

Jinde nodded and put a hand on his husband's shoulder, sidling up closer to his side. "Yes, ah, there'll be so much to do as well. We should get back to our task now anyway. Maybe Qiu Ling and Jing Yi can take you to get a room somewhere." He glanced at Qiu Ling, urging him to do something about these two, not wanting to waste even more time.

Qiu Ling actually felt like he needed to laugh. Yes, even in Jinde's life, not everything was perfect yet. "Well, I guess we should do that then. As for the two of you, don't forget to plan for that child over all the work you are doing. I'm still waiting." He didn't add 'for my sibling' but the two of them knew exactly what he meant. Anyway, this was a talk they had already had today.

Oh. My. Fate?! (Bl, Volume 10, Part 1)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara