He figures out he likes you

Egon has never really had a serious crush on someone so when he started having feelings for you he thought he was sick. Whenever you walk past or near him he can barely breathe, he often finds himself staring at you or thinking about you, he can't help it. He adores everything about you. He found himself truly and utterly fascinated by you. Eventually it started sneaking into his dreams, now obviously he didn't sleep much but when he did sleep he dreamt of you and him being together in a relationship. He even talked to a psychologist about his feelings, obviously not Peter because he'd be teased to hell and back. The doctor told him he was in love and should confess but he didn't believe him because he wasn't the type to fall in love. He eventually decided that he'd just try and distance himself from you to see how he'd react but nothing worked, in fact it only made his feeling grow more. Whenever he saw you his heartbeat would quicken, when he was near you he got all sweaty and anxious.

One day while you were out Peter, Ray, and Winston walked into Egon's office. "Hey pal. Y/N left to pick up some food so you can come out if ya want." Peter said. Egon froze for a moment then continued what he was doing. "Why would I care what Y/N is doing?" He asked. "Cause ya like her Egon, we all can see it." Winston said and leaned against the door frame. Egon gulped slightly, "well of course I like her, she's a wonderful friend, and an incredibly intelligent woman." Ray raised his brow. "You know what we mean Egon." Egon sighed softly and shook his head. "No I truly don't Ray." He continued doing his work. "Yeah ya do Spengler. You're in love with her, you don't know how to handle that  which is why you're trying to distance yourself from her." Peter explained. Egon stood up and turned to the men. "Listen, I don't know what has gotten into your heads but I'm not in love with her. I don't fall in love." He said then sat back down. Peter nodded, "ok, so you don't care that Y/N thinks you hate her?" He asked getting slightly pissed off. Egon paused hearing that, "wh-what do you mean?" He studdered out. Peter walked forward a bit. "Oh yeah. A few days ago she was asking all of us what she did to upset you so badly. She asked why you didn't wanna be around her anymore." Peter crossed his arms, he wasn't one to really care that much about a whole lot of people but you had become important to him almost like a sister. Egon's brows furrowed slightly, "sh-she thinks she upset me?" He looked down. "Yeah she does smartass. She's been so upset with herself for the past month trying to figure out what the hell she did to you to make you hate her." Peter's voice raised slightly. "I don't hate her though, a-and I'm not at all upset with her." Egon turned slightly. "Yeah well she doesn't know that. As far as she knows you completely despise her, and ya wanna know why? Because you've avoided her and anything to do with her for a month and a half." Peter was practically yelling at this point which shocked everyone. "What Peter is trying to say is that she's really upset and concerned about you. She just wants to know what happened." Ray stepped up. "I-I don't know what happened..." Egon shrugged helplessly. "Whatcha mean ya don't know?" Winston asked. "I mean I've never felt this way before." Egon whispered helplessly. "Never felt what way?" Ray walked over to him. Egon gulped  softly and explained how he's been feeling to them. Peter rolled his eyes, "yeah genius that's called being in love." He said still annoyed. "I don't fall in love though." Egon looked at him. "There is a difference between not falling in love and not having fallen in love." Peter looked at him. "Think about it Spengler. You said yourself that you can barely stand being away from her, you can't stop looking at or thinking about her. You get all sweaty around her." Peter sighed. Egon gulped slightly realizing he was right. Egon Spengler liked you, in fact he was in love with you.