"He is safe. The gods didn't destroy him either".

The chunin exams were underway, and Mitsuki and his team were doing great so far, and even managed to get to the final rounds

It was the semi finals at first. Both Boruto and Sarada passed while Mitsuki decided that he would rather disqualify in his match. He didn't tell anyone why he did. But he did it because he needed to use sage mode, but he wasn't allowed to told by Orochimaru long ago. And it will unconvinte him. But also because if he used it now, he will be out of commission. So thats why.

In the end, just Boruto, Sarada and a ninja from the sand were left. So for the final round, all 3 would fight, and the last one standing would be the winner and become chunin.

Well, that was the plan anyway.

Half way through the final round, and just right at the sudden discovery of the forbidden ninja tool that Boruto was using, suddenly the areana was attacked by 2 men in white: The Otsutsuki brothers. One large, the other thin.

They wrecked up the areana, hurt a lot of people, and even at the end kidnapped Naruto.

Then afterwards while everybody was recuperating and trying to fix the damage that was done, Boruto woke up in the hospital; while Sarada met up with Mitsuki and tried to keep him in bed to heal. For some reason, being cared like this by Sarada was kinda fun to him.

Meanwhile, Boruto ran out of the hospital and regretted what he's done. He ran into Sasuke in the hokage's office then, and Sasuke declared that he and Boruto should rescue Naruto along with the other kage's of the other 4 villages. He also redeemed Boruto a shinobi again.

So off they went to rescue Naruto.

...

Mitsuki heard the news not too much longer afterwards by Sarada, and he was instantly out of bed and trying to leave the room, but Sarada kept on stopping him.

"Mitsuki, please just stop already. You aren't strong enough." Sarada held Mitsuki when Mitsuki got close to the door once more but then crumbled over.

He looked worried sick and scared for Boruto: "But Boruto-"

"Don't worry about Boruto, okay Mitsuki? Remember, Boruto is strong. And don't forget, my dad and the other kage's are with him. So don't worry ok? He will be back with lord 7th safe and sound. Got it?" Sarada had told Mitsuki calmly with a smile on her face.

This eventually got Mitsuki to calm down, be quiet and go back into bed. But he was unable to go back to sleep and rest because of the worry.

...

It was about time that Boruto and the rest came back with Naruto; all tired and weak, but safe.

Sarada was instantly hugging Sasuke as while as Sakura, as Hinata and Himawari were going off and hugging Naruto.

Boruto didn't know what to do standing in the centre until Mitsuki walked up to him.

Boruto looked at him full of guilt.

And then suddenly; just as all eyes was going on him, Mitsuki hugged Boruto and whispered: "Thank god you are safe."

Some ohh's and aww's came from the crowd, and Shikadai had walked up to Boruto too. He was going to speak but saw how red Boruto was and just smirked and put a hand on his hip: "Well maybe this could cause me to forgive you. Look at how embarrassed you look? If only I could frame you're look right now."

Everyone around them laughed then.

A happy ever after.