"I should have stayed":

It was a disaster

It was a disaster. One minute, Mitsuki was happy with his team, and next minute he had gone rouge and joined a group of ninja who weren't up to no good.

Sarada and Boruto went after him then; even when they were told that if they went too to seek him out now, then they too would also become rouge ninjas and a traitor to the Leaf village.

But Mitsuki was their teammate. They had to atleast do something! No matter the cost.

So they went.

But this caused a problem for the Leaf village, and soon a team was sent out to chase after them and bring them back home. Team 15: Chocho, Shikadai and Inojin.

But in the end, that team only ended up helping to retreive Mitsuki. Shikadai at the time believed that it was the right thing to do despite what their mission was previously.

In the end though, it turned out that Mitsuki didn't abandon them or the village after all, and was instead secretly on his own mission to take these guys out who were causing trouble in another village.

So it ended up ending well but Mitsuki had over done it and they all needed to head back to the Leaf village.

They did with Boruto carrying Mitsuki on his back.

...

While walking with Mitsuki on his back behind everyone else, Boruto just starred ahead silently. He was thinking and possibly even mad.

Mitsuki was leaning his head against Boruto's back; curling up on his back and holding his shoulders.

Eventually, he spoke: "Boruto?"

"Yeah?" Without looking around, Boruto answered.

"Are you mad at me?"

"...."

Mitsuki soon took Boruto's silence as a yes, and sighed: "I don't blame you-

But Boruto butted in: "It's not like I'm happy of what you did. But I can't be mad at you either. The only thing I can ask of you is to trust us and tell us in the future. Ok? And then me and Sarada will do our best to get to know you better." He then smiled: "Deal?"

Mitsuki was starring at Boruto in awe. But then eventually nodded and smiling: "Alright then Boruto. It is a deal."

And then he slowly passed out on Boruto's back peacefully.