"The Chunin Exams":

It was that time of the year now about 4 months after becoming genin

It was time for the chunin exams!

Most genin's were excited. But a few can be listed out of 'not really caring too much at all'.

The first one was Shikadai. He was going to take it regardless of his own feelings. But it was just because it would be 'too much of a drag'.

(That boy was so much like his father Shikamaru that it was terrifying.)

The second one would be a student who had recently became genin and wanted to stay on doing lazy and easy missions.

And the third and last one would be Boruto. Even though he wanted to grow with his classmates and not get left behind, he just didn't think passed the genin stage. And it's not like he actually wanted to become a ninja for reals in the first place; though he was still conflicted.

When this was announced face to face with his team and his father, the 7th Hokage, he and Boruto got into a fight and Boruto stormed out of the room and he was told the rest of the news by Sarada afterwards.

Sarada was of course taking the exams because her goal was to become hokage one day.

Mitsuki didn't care if he took it or not; but if Boruto took it, then he would gladly.  He told him this at Thunder Burger where Boruto was sulking.

Then Sarada came and told him if he didn't join, she couldn't.

He didn't care.

So Sarada mentioned about impressing his dad, and Boruto just walked out without even finishing his food.

...

Boruto had gotten home that evening to only have his mom and little sister mention the chunin exams. So he left and decided to sit on a bench overthinking and still sulking.

Then he felt a shadow over him and he looked up to see a smiling Mitsuki looking down at him.

"Yo." He casually greeting and Boruto looked away: "Hmpth. If you're here to convine me about the chunin exams, then you can forget about it. I'm not taking it."

"I never came here for that. And like I said, I never cared either way." Mitsuki answered. Then contuined: "But what I do want to know is what is the extra beef with your dad? You got what you wanted by becoming a ninja. And you're not liking the fact that the missions are far too easy. And you know you can't go on higher ones unless you are a chunin or junin. If it's your dad's approval you want, then what's the problem with becoming chunin."

Boruto listened without once looking up at him, and then pouting and saying: "It's complicated."

"It's ok. You can trust me. Tell me. Remember what you said about me telling you and Sarada about myself?"

Boruto finally looked up at Mitsuki then.

Mitsuki tilted his head: "So, go on." ...

...Boruto had told Mitsuki everything and eventually Mitsuki made up his mind and picked up Boruto and laid him over his shoulder.

Boruto went bright red: "M-M-Mitsuki, w-w-what are you doing?"

"You can tell all this to Sarada and then sign up for the chunin exams." Mitsuki smiled and then started walking.

All Boruto could do at this point now was to hide his face in embarrassment.

...

Mitsuki find Sarada with Boruto; and Sarada put a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow: "Ehh...?"

"Sarada. Boruto's got something to say to you." Mitsuki told Sarada with a smile, and then placed Boruto on the ground on his feet.

Sarada waited while Boruto slowly turned to face her with his cheeks bright in colour.

He refused to look in her eyes, but he placed his hands in his pockets and muttered: "....I-I've decided...I'll take the chunin exam after all..."

"Is that so?" Sarada said: "Well took you long enough."

And Sarada thanked Mitsuki later after they gotten sighed up for the exams the next day.