Chapter 13

Hey guys :D

I'd just like to say Thankyou so so much for supporting me with this book! You guys are the best!!!

Keep reading, voting etc :D the support you give me encourages me to write more and update quicker!!

I really enjoyed writing this chapter, I introduced a few characters for you, but not too many!

Thanks again for all your support!

Enjoy :)

_____

The commotion continued for several minutes before someone tried to interrupt.

"SILENCE" someone yelled from a large boulder.

Everyones head turned towards the voice, including mine.

Alpha Kyle was standing there, a stern yet triumphant expression on his face.

"Thank you everyone, for coming to our aid when we needed it " he said "and I couldn't thank you all enough, for helping me find the lovely Jessica Boyd, who we thought we had lost. You may return to your people and know that the young girl our pack had been ever so worried about has now returned and is safe. You all are very good people and-"

He was cut off.

"rumor has it the girl has been found"a voice came from the dark parts of the trees. Everyone turned to look where it had come from.

A rather ragged and crazy looking man stepped forward, behind him, many scraggly unkept looking wolves cowered. The man was wearing a purple tailcoat, yellow trousers, white ruffles around his collar, a green shirt, red shoes that curled at the end (much like elves do) and blue suspenders. It was one of the most bizarre outfits I'd seen. He also had a purple top hat which had two playing cards (the ace of diamonds and the ace of clubs). There was also peacock feathers in his hat and different colored wolf fur around the edge of the hat. The man also had crazy green eyes that seem to stare right into your soul.

There was quite a range of wolves behind him, all looked like they had been severely beaten and had not washed in years. Their fur was matted by dried, crusted mud, patched with different stains of goodness knows what and most had scars and various other wounds that needed to be treated.

The sight and state of these wolves was horrific. I even spotted a smaller one, probably young, limping with one paw held against him. There was a thorny blackberry branch intwined in the scraggly fur.

Another one had a deep scar across one of his glowering red eyes. His fur was navy dark grey with patches of black. There was a ring around his neck where the fur did not grow and the skin had been rubbed raw, as of he had been chained up and struggled a great deal. One of his ears had a large chunk missing from it. He was standing strong and looked like one of the toughest and roughest wolves I had seen.

Anyway, whoever this man was, he was definitely the alpha or leader of this group. I could tell because of the way the cowered behind him and seemed to follow him everywhere.

"sad, so sad" he pretended to check his nails "we had planned our capture since we heard of it. Annoying, how it would only disappoint us. I was so hoping i could make this a bit more interesting.". He sighed as if it was a great misfortune.

"Alex" Kyle warned "you are not welcome here, leave now".

Alex gave a hysterical laugh.

"leave?" he chuckled like it was some big joke "Kyle, old friend, you amuse me so!"

"it's not a joke" growled Kyle, balking his hands into fists.

"but why would I want to leave?" asked the man innocently "I've only just arrived". With that he let out a tremendous growl, shifted into a silver and white wolf and launched himself at me. His jaw opened revealing sharp teeth.