Chapter 19

Hey guys!

One of the reasons I asked you to update was because Scarlett is no longer Felix's half sister, ive changed a bit :P hope you guys don't mind!

Thanks :) enjoy!

~LightBunny11

_____

I finally got to Oak Street, even after getting confused twice. Trust me, this town may be small but it's spread out, so there are a lot of streets.

I found a cute little mailbox with 23 on it in big silver numbers. Scarlett's house was quite pretty too. It was large, brown and had a large balcony stretching all the way around. The roof was brown tiles and had several brick chimneys jutting out.

There wasn't much of a garden, but there were several pine trees dotted here and there. The house itself was on a platform, and it looked like someone had attempted to make a garden around the edge but given up.

I climbed the stairs and made my way to the front door. A brass lion head holding a door knocker stared at me. Feeling slightly unnerved, I rang the doorbell instead.

A girl with bleary, tear-soaked eyes answered the door. She had a large clump of tissues in one hand and her nose was red, making it so obvious she had been crying.

"S-Scarlett?" I exclaimed in surprise, as if I was unsure it was her "what happen?".

"you're the only one I could go to, Felix is out on pack business" she explained, her bottom lip quivering. Any other day and I would have sarcastically thanked her for just calling me her second resort.

She gestured for me to come inside.

Inside looked like any other modern house. The television was switched on and some strange show was on. The couches were matching with both eachother and the rug, where a large Saint Bernard lay. The kitchen was attached to the lounge room with a small amount of stairs, and was white. A second lounge room also was attached via stairs. Pictures of what looked like Scarlett, Scarlett and maybe her little brother and Scarlett with her family all hung on the walls, taking up almost all the space there was for pictures.

"sorry about the mess" Scarlett muttered.

Mess? What mess? This place was positively spotless! I was about to say so when Scarlett collapsed onto the couch and put her head in her hands.

"what's wrong Scarlett?" I asked worriedly, crossing the room to sit down beside her.

"I-I found my mate" she stammered, before sobbing into her hands again.

"but... That's great!" I was completely confused.

"It's not who I was hoping it to be" she whispered.

"welcome to my world" I muttered "who we're you hoping for?".

"well... don't laugh" she begged.

I nodded and tried to keep a serious face. I have a bad habit of laughing at inappropriate moments.

"I wanted it to be Felix" she admitted "we've been best friends since we were kids, we have so much in common. He would of been alpha if his dad wasn't disgraced. When he lost the chance, I comforted him. We've always been there for each other. I had school girl crushes on him all the way through primary school! I just can't believe we're not...." she burst into tears again.

I put my arm around her, trying to comfort her.

"who did you get instead?" I asked, hoping it was ok to bring it up.

She shook her head.

"probably the worst guy you could possibly get" she wailed.

"who?" I asked again.