Chapter 2

"A headache?" the doctor asked

I nodded.

"you called me here for a headache?" he asked as if he couldn't believe it.

I nodded again, fidgeting with a small rip in my shirt.

Damn.

I loved this shirt...

"it was pretty bad...." I trailed off.

"what happen when you had this.... Headache?" the doctor asked "what sort of symptoms?".

"well.... It started off small, just a pounding in my head. Then it got bigger and my vision started to cloud up... It got really hard to concentrate" I explained, not making eye contact.

"it sounds like a migraine, my mother suffers from those..." the doctor muttered "has it returned yet?".

I shook my head.

"hm" he said and turned away.

"uh... Sir?" I said, tapping him on the shoulder "what exactly happen?".

The doctor turned back, staring into my eyes with his magnificent green ones.

"well, it sounds like a migraine to me. Heard of one of those?" he asked.

I shook my head.

He sifted through a folder he had with him and finally brought out a sheet of paper reading MIGRAINES.

He handed it to me.

Skimming through it, it had facts about migraines etc.

I sighed.

Why did I get the feeling this wasn't it?

Why did I get the feeing the doctor was wrong?

I let it slide.

"what if it was part of the shifting cycle thing?" I asked.

"the first shift is more of the bones moving around, things like that" he explained "Unless your wolf has just entered your mind. But I suggest you spend the next few days at home, resting up for your big day, ok?"

I nodded.

He turned, nodding towards my mum as he left.

"alright sweety, let's go home" mum said "I'll just have a quick word to Alpha, then we can get outta here. Or your friends can drive you home".

"I'll take her" Iz said, before Will could get a word out "Will and I can take it in turns".

*****

I collapsed onto my bed, relaxing into the softness of my pillow. The blankets and pillows were all sky blue, my favorite color.

Maddy had come over to hang out after school had finished. She and the rest of the group had been worrying and apparently it was her job to make sure I was ok.

Maddy turned on her phone and started texting.

"who are you texting?" I asked, my voice muffled by the pillow.

"Michael" she said smiling "I'm just letting him know I can't go to the football championship with him tomorrow".

"since when are you and Michael..." I began.

She looked up, looking surprised and confused.

"me and Michael what?" she asked, her eyes widening when she realized what I was implying "what?! Uh N-no not like that".

"calm down Maddy, it may just be what he was implying" I laughed.

Her eyes got impossibly wide as shock crossed her face.