Chapter 10

"you guys keep looking for her, I'm going to wait for her to come back" Will instructed "she needs her bag, doesn't she? Then maybe I can talk sense into her".

The others nodded and ran in different directions.

I watched him for a little while as he paced back and forth in his human form, then eventually shifting and laying on the ground.

I pondered on getting my bag and running, but he was faster then me and would probably discover my strange secret.

Climbing a little lower, I watched him closely. He seemed to hear me and looked up.

"hey little guy, didn't I see you before?" he asked me.

I wanted to laugh, he was talking to a squirrel, how humorous.

I gave a chittering noise and climbed closer to him.

When he reached out for me, I darted away.

I loved this strange ability, it was so much fun.

***

I scampered along the treetops, having to jump from one tree to another.

This was far easier then the ground, I had less of a chance of being spotted.

Will was probably still at the rabbit hole where I left him around 1 hour ago.

It felt like lunchtime, because of one thing.

I was hungry.

I started to wonder if I would have the same diet as a squirrel, so I decided to try.

Getting to the ground, I sniffed around for any nuts other squirrels might have buried.

After a good 20 minutes I finally found one and ate it.

I felt better, I guess. It seemed to fill my squirrel body up to a certain degree, so that was a help.

***

I sat in a tree, plotting a plan.

I needed to get somewhere fast. But the only creatures around right now seemed to be birds and squirrels. I had yet to see a rabbit, which was strange considering the rabbit holes I'd been passing.

My plan? I needed to get to South Field. Yeah, it was the place some of the pack were checking out right now, but it was my only option. I would make my next move from there.

West Field is full of wolves that might as well be rouges or something, their vicious enough.

West Fielders are different to us, more barbaric.

They are constantly fighting, stealing and killing. It is the worst place for pups to be raised, but that obviously doesn't matter to them.

I've never been there, but I heard there is a large, cold, stone castle where the alpha lives. Apparently a river of hot blood runs around the castle and dead animals (even wolves) are hung all around it. Yeah, West Field is sick and barbaric.

East Field was already looking for me and they were the best hunters out of the four packs.

North Field? Duh, my pack. I can't be seen by them.

So South Field it is, seeing as they were the 3rd best hunters out of the four packs. They were kind folk with a large and beautiful village-like place you would only think belonged in fairytales.

Stone statues of great alphas had been placed everywhere, beautiful gardens made the entire place look fresh, streams ran here and there and a large, stone, cream colored castle that sat off to the side, half of it built inside the cliff. Mountains and Hills stood past the cliff, full of wild animals.