--9--

||

It was New Years Eve and your friends wanted to celebrate it by throwing a costume party. You thought it was a stupid idea, but somehow your friends still got you into a Wonder Woman costume.

"You need to get your mind off him. He's been gone for months, (y/n). If he really cared--" your friend begins to say but you interrupt her, "Don't you dare say anything bad about Zayn! He will come back! I know he will."

He was your boyfriend and he's been on tour for awhile, but he hasn't called at all. Your friends have been worrying about you for a long time. They think that this waiting for him to come home is ruining your life. When the party starts, you just sit on the couch drinking coffee while your friends converse with their guests.

"I really don't want to be here," you moan.

"And why is that?"

You look up and you see someone in a Mr. Incredible costume.

"Mind if I sit down?" he asks.

You nod and scoot over so he can sit down.

"So, why is it that you don't want to be here?" Mr. Incredible asks.

"It's my boyfriend...I just miss him so much," you say taking a sip of your coffee.

"What's his name...if you don't mind me asking."

You looked at the guy in the Mr. Incredible costume and tilted your head; there was something off about this guy. It was like you knew him.

"His name is Zayn," you say slowly.

"Well, where is he?"

"You're just full of questions, aren't you?"

He smiles and you could have sworn you knew that smile from somewhere.

"I'm just curious, I guess," he says.

You smile back and say, "He's on tour with his band...he hasn't called and I'm afraid he's ignoring me."

"Why would someone want to ignore someone as beautiful as you?"

You blush and smile again. He stands up and reaches his hand out for yours.

"Do you want to dance?" he asks.

Before taking his hand, you look around the room. Your friends are in the kitchen eating cookies and probably drinking wine, so that makes them too busy to keep an eye on you. Mr. Incredible pulls you away from the couch and to a part of the room where no one could bump into you. You put your arms around his neck and his hands were on your waist. The entire time you're dancing with "Mr. Incredible", he was staring deeply into your eyes. You were so mesmerized by them that you almost didn't notice he was leaning in to kiss you.

"Stop!" you say as you push him back, "I have a boyfriend!"

That's when he took off his mask to reveal who he was. It was Zayn. You bring your hand up to your mouth and gasp.

"Zayn? It was you the entire time?"

"Yeah, (y/n). I thought I'd surprise you...and it seems like I have."

You jump into his arms and kiss all over his face.

"Don't leave for a long time ever again, Zayn," you say.

"I promise."