||Zayn imagine||

||

The screen door slams close as you run down the front steps.

"(y/n), come back!" the voice behind you yells.

You ignore him as you begin to fumble with your car keys. When they slip out of your hand, you scream and drop to the pavement. You kick at your tires and soon enough your car alarm goes off. It startles you, but you don't pick up your keys to turn the alarm off.

"(y/n)."

It almost sounded like a question. You don't move as you feel his strong hands bring you to your feet. He turns you around and you nuzzle your face into his neck. You whimper from the loss of contact when he bends down to retrieve your keys; he turns off the alarm on your car. He lifts you up and you wrap your legs around his waist as you bury your face in his neck again. You know he's bringing you back inside the house; you could hear the music that was playing when you had ran out. He closes the door with his foot and then he places you on the couch.

"(y/n), look at me," he urges, but you keep your eyes on your hands.

"Baby, I'm not mad."

You quickly look up at him; his eyes lock with yours.

"You're not, Zayn?"

He shakes his head no.

"Why would I be?"

You look down at your hands again and begin to play with your fingers.

"I just thought that...when you hadn't said anything..."

"Babe, I love you. I was just in shock."

He places his hand on your stomach and smiles.

You place your hand over his as he asks, "When did you find out?"

"A few days ago. I didn't know how to tell you at first...I was afraid of your reaction."

Zayn grabs your hand and brings it to his lips. He places a gentle kiss on the back if your hand before pressing his lips against yours.

"(y/n), I promise to be here for you and the baby. When I married you, I made a promise to you. A promise that I intend to keep."

You remember the words like he had said them yesterday. He promised to love you unconditionally. And when you two would have kids, he said he'd love them as much as he loves you.

"You're going to be a great dad, Zayn," you say as he hugs you.

"And you're going to be the best mum a kid could ever have."