--25-- For Jena

A hundred and five is the number that comes to my head

When I think of all the years I wanna be with you

Wake up every morning with you in my bed

That's precisely what I plan to do...

I was coming home stressed as usual, but I knew of one person that could always cheer me up; Jena. Her smile, her laugh, her voice...everything about her seemed to make all my troubles go away. I could be having the crappiest day of my life, and she just walks into the room and everything changes. I've known her for a few years, yet I've never had the guts to tell her how I really felt about her. I mean, I act strange around her and she doesn't seem to notice. It's like, me acting strange is completely normal. Believe me, I've tried acting normal around her, but I can't. She was always sitting on the front porch waiting for me to come home. And when I'd start making my way up the path to my house, she'd look up and run towards me. She'd attack me with one of her hugs and I'd spin her around. Jena is my best friend and I am head over heels in love with her.

What makes this even worse is that she lives with me. Her parents had kicked her out, so I offered that she could stay with me. At first, she was totally against it and actually didn't speak to me for weeks. But, when she finally came to her senses that living in hotels really sucks, she took my offer. The room she would sleep in was only two doors down from mine and every once in awhile, I would hear her knocking on my door telling me that she couldn't sleep. I would let her crawl into my bed with me and she'd instantly snuggle herself into my side and fall asleep right away. She had told me on numerous occasions that I had made her feel safe; that lying next to me...helped her sleep.

It was painful for me to let her sleep beside me yet I couldn't do a thing. She was my best friend. And I'm not one of those kind of guys that would be in a friends with benefits relationship, because eventually...someone's feelings do rise to the surface and it ruins everything. So, I kept my feelings for her a secret.

After I placed her on her feet, she pulled me into the house. It wasn't that big of a house, but it was just the right size for the two of us and our dog. I know, I know; usually couples buy pets together, but Jena wanted a companion to keep her company while I was working. I would honestly buy this girl anything if she really asked me. But she hardly asks for anything, and when she does, it's small things like ice cream or chocolate. I would buy her the world if I could. Anything that would make her happy, I'd get for her.

Jena began pulling me towards the couch then gently pushed me down onto the middle cushion. She was smiling from ear to ear. I was surprised that she hadn't asked me how work went today. It was usually the first thing that came out of her mouth when I came home. But this time...it was different.

"Zayn? Can I ask you something?"

Usually, hearing that question was never good. It's just as bad as "Can we talk" or "We need to talk". It makes you rethink everything you've done. I didn't think I had done anything bad in the last month, let alone the last week. So, whatever question she had for me, shouldn't scare me too much.

"Of course you can, Jena."

A small smile appeared on her lips and she had turned away from me for only a few seconds to turn back towards me to reveal she had something in her hands. It was something of mine and it was something where I had been writing all my feelings about Jena in it.

"Wh-what is this?"

She shook the object up and down in front of her. I opened my mouth to speak, but nothing came out.

"I was cleaning your room and this was underneath your pillow..." she continued.

I wasn't mad that she was cleaning my room or the house for that matter. I mean, she was here by herself the entire day until I got home; she had to preoccupy herself with something.

"I...uh..."

"I had picked it up and looked it over. I never opened it..."

I sighed a breath of relief, but that relief soon went away.

"I know....that I really shouldn't be saying this...but I feel like you're hiding something from me and whatever it is...might be inside this little book..."

Well, she was right. Everything that I loved about Jena was written on those pages.

"You're wanting to open it...aren't you, Jena?"

She slowly nodded. I knew she would one day find it. It wasn't in that good of a hiding spot. I guess, in a way, I was hoping that she would have found it on her own like she did.

"Then go ahead. You have my permission."

This was it. She was finally going to know. She was going to know that I loved her and that I have since the day that I met her. She'll find out how hard it was for me to get used to her sleeping next to me all the time when I normally sleep alone. She'll find out her smile makes me feel. She will find out everything. Jena slowly opened the book and I saw her eyes skimming the pages. Little gasps kept leaving her mouth and a few smiles were seen.

"It...It's all about me," Jena said when she looked up from the book.

"Yeah...of course it is, Jena. It's a book about how I feel about you...how I feel about us."

"Us?"

I nodded and she placed the book onto the floor then took a step towards me. By just looking at her, I could tell she was nervous and that she had no clue what she was even doing. She crawled into my lap and stared into my eyes. Her soft breath kept hitting my lips and I had the strongest urge to just grab onto her waist, but I didn't want to startle her. She had just found out how I felt about her and I didn't want too move too quickly with her. I saw her hands shaking before I felt her press them to my cheeks. She was a nervous wreck. Her breathing became sporadic...almost as if she was hyperventilating.

"Jena...relax...it's just me," I whispered.  

Yeah, just me. The best friend that just confessed my love for you.

Her hands stopped shaking and her breathing was normal. I carefully placed my hands on her waist and pull her forward. Jena closed her eyes and brought her lips to mine. At first, she didn't move and neither did I. But when she slid her hands into my hair, everything changed. The kiss got heated pretty quickly and that's when the clothes started coming off. She rid me of my shirt as I rid her of hers. I slid my hands up and down her back; making her entire body shake. I bit down on her bottom lip and softly pulled it with my teeth. She gripped onto my hair and tugged at it; making me let go of her lip completely. I placed my lips to the front of her neck and she dipped her head back while sighing as I left kisses there. She had never loosened her grip on my hair as my kisses when down to her collar bones.

"Zayn..." she whispered.

"Yeah?"

She let go of my hair and tilted my face up so I was looking into her eyes.

"I...I really like you too...but...but I don't want...what I think is about to happen..."

I removed my hands from her body and just smiled at her. In a way, I didn't want that either. Of course, I've wanted to for quite some time, but Jena just found out that I loved her. I didn't want to force her into sex right away.

"It's okay. Let's just...continue with this..."

I gently grabbed her face and kissed her. And when I felt her smile, I knew that this was going to turn into something I would never want to lose.

--------------

Gee, Jena...how many imagines have I written for you?

LOLOLOL

NOT TAKING REQUESTS RIGHT NOW

-Ari Horan-