--23-- For Amber

||

Amber's POV:

We were walking past the shops holding hands. When we came upon a dress shop I stopped which made him stop too.

"It's so beautiful," I whispered as I placed my hand on the glass.

There, in the display case, was my dream wedding dress.

"C'mon, babe. We'll be late," he softly whined as he began tugging on my arm.

But I didn't move a step from where I was. I kept staring at the dress...that was until one of the shop employees came up to the window and told me to keep walking.

I sighed.

"Cheer up, love. Everyone's waiting," he said as we began walking again.

"I don't want to go, Zayn. I just want to go home...put on my sweatpants and a huge tshirt. I don't want to do anything today."

He sighed but we didn't stop walking.

"But...everyone is--"

"Zayn, please. I just want to go home. Tell the lads I'm sorry and that I'm not up for whatever they had planned."

We finally stopped walking.

"Okay, Amber. We...we can go home."

While I was driving us back home, Zayn had called one of the lads.

"Yeah...sorry, mate. She's not...feeling well, I guess."

I couldn't tell who it was but I didn't care.

"No, she's seriously not...I don't want to get into this with you. She just doesn't want to be around anyone, okay?!"

Now I felt kind of bad. Today was supposed to be fun and I went and ruined it all by seeing that dress in the window. Why did I have to get so emotional over a dress?

"I'm sorry...I didn't mean to yell. I guess I'll just have to...improvise. Yeah, see you tomorrow."

Improvise what? Zayn hung up just as I pulled into our driveway.

"Zayn?" I asked as I parked the car.

He didn't answer me; he just got out of the car and headed into the house. I sighed, pulled the keys out of the ignition and slowly headed into the house. I called out for Zayn again, but I got no answer. After putting the keys on the hook and sliding off my shoes, I called out Zayn's name again. Still, there was silence.

So I went into the kitchen and sat down at the island in the middle. I laid my head down onto the surface and let out a long and unsteady sigh.

"Amber? Where are you?" I heard Zayn ask.

But I didn't answer him. Since he didn't answer me when I called for him, I was going to do the same. I'll admit, it was childish on my part, but I just couldn't understand what was going to be so special about today. What's so special about going to see his band mates? All we ever do is just sit around and do nothing but goof off. I'll admit that it's fun, but what was so special about today compared to any other day with the lads?

"Please answer me, Amber..."

He sounded sad.

"I...I have something I need to give to you. Wh-where are you, baby?"

I sat up straight and looked in the direction I heard Zayn's voice; he was standing in the living room.

"I'm...I'm in the kitchen, Zayn..." I said softly.