--12--

Authors Note:

Okay, so imma say this now just incase you don't catch it after reading this.

Yes, Zayn is a vampire.

I had this on instagram and someone didn't understand. I thought it was pretty clear on what he was.

Anyway....

I hope you like it

-----------------------------------

"Are you afraid?" the male actor asks as he circles the female actor.

"No. Should I be?" she asks.

The male actor nods.

"But I'm not afraid of you..."

The female actor reaches her hand out to touch a male actor's face, but he shies away.

"You shouldn't be alone with me right now, Juliet. I'm not--" but his sentence got cut short by you yelling, "CUT!"

The actors groan.

"What did we do wrong now, (y/n)?" the female actor asks.

You were doing a student made film for one of your college classes. Your film was based loosely around Twilight, but not exactly.

"You didn't do anything wrong...this time," you say as you roll your eyes.

This was the tenth take you've done today.

"Then what seems to be the problem, (y/n)?" the male actor asks.

"It's almost three...and I need to be somewhere."

Your actors look at each other and then you.

"Oh yeah. Mr. Mysterious awaits you, right?" the female actor, whose name you finally remembered was Sandy, asks.

Everyone who was helping you on your film called your boyfriend, Zayn, Mr. Mysterious.

"Why haven't we seen him?" the male actor, whose name was Ricky, asks.

Zayn didn't go to your college and you weren't even sure if he was in college.

"He's not good with big crowds..." you say hopping down from your director chair.

You didn't understand why he was like that, but you never asked him why either. Sandy sighs.

"Go on, (y/n). I guess we'll have to pick up where we left off tomorrow," Sandy mumbles.

"Thank you guys! See you tomorrow!" you shout as you quickly grab your bags and head out of the auditorium.

He always waits for you at the end of the hallway near the doors heading outside. You see a body leaning against the wall with their head tilted towards the ground. It's him. His entire body, aside from his face, was covered in clothes. His hands were covered with gloves. He wore a leather jacket to cover his arms and he wore jeans. You were about five feet away when he stands up straight and looks straight at you.

"Man! I can never sneak up on you!" you whine when you finally reach him.

Zayn's arms wrapped around you and he spins you a circle.

"I guess you'll have to try harder then," he laughs.

After he sets you on your feet, you take his glove-covered hand.

"Zayn, why are you always covered up? It's really hot outside. Aren't you burning up?" you ask as you both step outside into the warm on August air.

He shakes his head no.

"I actually feel fine, (y/n)."

Earlier in the week, Zayn had told you that he needed to tell you something and it was important.

"So where are you taking me Zayn?"

You were sitting in his car and he drove away from the college.

"Somewhere...private," he says, never taking his eyes off the road.

The nickname "Mr. Mysterious" swirls around your head along with Ricky's question: "Why haven't we ever seen him?" Saying that Zayn wasn't good with big crowds wasn't a lie. You keep glancing at Zayn as he continues to drive.

Just as you were about to question where he's taking you again, he says, "We're here, (y/n)."

You look out the windshield and just see an open field.

"What's here, Zayn? There's nothing there."

"Exactly. Nothing."

He got out of the car and just as you blinked, he was at your side, opening the door.

"How did you--" but he pulls you out of the car.

Zayn continues to pull you until he stops in the middle of the field.

"(y/n)...I need to tell you something. I can't hide this from you anymore..."

He began to circle you. This situation vaguely felt familiar to you.

"Hide what from me, Zayn?"

He continues to circle you.

"(y/n), do you know why I cover my entire body with clothes?"

You shake your head no as you see him take off the gloves and drop them to the grass. He shed his jacket and let it drop to the grass. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary except for the fact he wasn't wearing a shirt under his jacket. He stops in front of you and you take in what you see. You had never seen him shirtless before. He takes a step towards you and you don't even flinch.

"(y/n)...I'm not normal like you think I am."

Then things clicked; why this situation seemed familiar to you. It was just like to film you were making. You gasp, because that makes Zayn what Ricky's character in your film is.

"Z-z-zayn..." your voice becomes shaky.

He takes another step towards you and then rubs your cheek with the back of his hand. It was ice cold against your warm skin.

"Are you afraid?" he whispers.

You wanted to scream yes, but you shook your head no.

"Sh-should I be?" you manage to get out without screaming.

"You probably should be...but I know you're brave."

His hand drops from your cheek and he stares into your eyes.

"I'd understand if you don't want to be with me...now that you know the truth about me."

You begin to laugh and this shocks him.

"Zayn, it doesn't matter..."

"But it should, (y/n). I'm a monster."

But you shake your head.

"Can I...can I try something?"

You wanted to try and kiss him because he had never let you in the past.

"No (y/n), I don't think that's a good idea..." he says as he begins to back away.

"Please?"

He stops walking and motions you forward. Zayn was probably a good three inches taller than you, so you had to stand on your toes to kiss him. You stare into his eyes before you slowly put your arms around his neck. You weren't sure what he would do; he did nothing but stare back into your eyes. Then you kiss him. It felt like a shock at first because of how cold he was, but you got used to it. You slowly drop your arms back to your sides when you back away.

"So...?" Zayn asks as he scratches the back of his head.

"Man, have I been missing out on a lot."