number ten

Ariel Jiménez

I all but dragged Blaise upstairs to my room. Quickly shutting and locking the door.

My father can freakin' smell when Blaise is around. I'm not risking a thing.

"Did you really have to lock the door?"

"I could put a sign up on the door that says I'm having sex at the moment and almost everyone will still barge in." I pointed at the door before walking into the bathroom in my room.

I threw open the drawer that contained my makeup and paused as I came face to face with the foundation. I slowly reached for it as my hand began to shake thinking back to what happened, not even twelve hours ago. I was brought back from my terrified thoughts when Blaise came in and snatched the foundation and beauty blender from my hand.

"What's the point of wearing foundation at this time of day? It's literally 9 pm. You're about to go shower anyway." Blaise mumbled as he squirted too much foundation on the beauty blender, it caused me to wince.

That shit was expensive. If he wasted any of it, I was gonna cut his balls off.

"Because I'm going to see at least three family members at least three times before I shower and go to sleep."

He mumbled something under his breath as he began to drag the beauty blender against my neck. I bumped his chin with my finger to cause him to look up at me.

"Hey, genius. You dab it."

The blonde motherfucker rolled his eyes as he began to dab my neck hard as hell. I kicked his shine and he growled at me as he bent down to rub his leg.

"Don't try to kill me either!"

"Fucking fine!" Blaise laughed as he continued to dab my neck gentler.

"What about the other one?" He whispered as his arm looped around my neck to dab the bruises back there too.

"Other one?" I mumbled.

"The bruise on your arm."

I gently pushed his hand down which caused him to look up at me.

"You... you saw that one?"

"Ah, so it was a bruise on your arm." He stood up straight and looked down at me.

This fucker—

"Show me."

"It isn't anything Blaise. Don't worry about it, okay?"

I reached for the beauty blender which he pulled behind him far from my reach.

"Show me your arm, please."

He stared at me with my lips pursed together. I slowly lifted my sleeve and he pressed the darkened skin.

"Ow! Fucker!" I flinched away from him.

"Why the fuck would he grab you so hard?" Blaise mumbled as he continued with the foundation on my neck.

"He gets carried away sometimes." I lied.

"Well, he shouldn't. You're tiny as hell, you mouse."

"Not all of us can be six feet, you giraffe." I stared up at him as a soft smile graced his face before moving to cover the bruise on my arm.

There was a loud thud and tons of voices signaling all my family's arrival.

"The man that's in love with you is here." I cackled followed by the sound of my father's voice and thudding feet.

Blaise rolled his eyes as we exited my bathroom. He followed me to my bed and we sat there scrolling through our phones and showing each other things we thought the other would like.