number three

Ariel Jiménez

I never ended up finding Blaise. He probably called one of his moms to pick him up. I had showered and changed into my red short sleeve shirt and blue ripped shorts. My sunglasses blocked the attention whore sun as I drove to work.

My window was rolled down and the wind was wrecking my dark locks. Music was blasting through the speakers of my jeep as I drove closer and closer to the cozy and quiet building.

I turned my volume down as I pulled into the parking spot I always park in. I turned my car off, grabbed my keys and phone, then hopped out of my car. My keys jingled as I shut and locked my car door. I had been trying to call Blaise for the past hour. He hadn't picked up once. I tried to call him one more time as I walked into the coffee shop.

"Hey! You've reached the sexy man himself, Connor! Leave a message after that annoying ass beep." Blaise's peppy voice spilled from the speaker.

Beep!

"Blaise, what the hell? You haven't been responding to the group chat or any of our calls. What's up, man? Call me when you get this." I hung up as I entered the "employees only" door.

I pocketed my phone and sat my bag in my locker, grabbing my brown apron, white shirt, and black khakis from my bag. I changed quickly. Just as I finished tying my apron, someone entered the room. I didn't turn around thinking it was Juliette or Giovanni. I only knew who it was after a hard slap landed on my ass.

"Alex, I'm not one of your football players. Do you have to smack my ass as a greeting every time?" I huffed turning around to look up at the taller man.

He had his black and red hair tied back messily into a ponytail. He was about 6'0. He also hits the gym A LOT. And boy does it show.

"You're walking around with all this ass, I was tempted." He smirked.

I scrunched up my nose.

"You're gross."

He laughed before leaning against the locker next to mine which happened to be his.

"So, did you enjoy my present?" He grinned, clearly proud of himself.

"Actually! No! I was in class, so many people could've seen that. What if I was with my parents? Younger siblings? Older siblings? Idiot." I grumbled locking my locker, walking past him as he followed behind me.

"Damn, so when you were saying I'm a disgusting pervert, you were serious?"

My eyes widened at what he said while we stood behind the counter. I slapped my hand over his mouth.

"Do you know how to shut up?!"

"YOU'RE DISGUSTING!" I screamed after feeling a moistness on my hand.

I grabbed a napkin and began to vigorously scrub his saliva off my hand, meanwhile he was laughing his fat ass off.

"Anyway, I was thinking—" He started after calming his laughter.

"Wow, you think?"

"Oh shut up." He gently shoved me.

"Anyway, continue. This is a huge moment." I urged.

"Well, you know how we've been doing this," he gestured between me and him, "for a while now."

I slowly nodded in understanding.

"I mean, three months is a while." I shrugged, cleaning the tongs.

"And I was thinking~" I could hear him walk up behind me before his muscular arms wrapped around my waist.