THIRTY-ONE

Minhyung's Point of View

"I'm Lee D^#*&^@, I'm from Je%#. My mom sent me here to study."

"I'm jealous, D*%#%*!%. I'm afraid that %#ngch&* will win your heart when I leave."

"Why would I do that? Damn, you can take my whole life with you. Even in death, and hell."

"Minhyung?! Son?! Are you alright!? NURSE!" I opened my eyes, I was bathed in my own sweat. My heart was pumping fast and loudly, I was searching for air to breathe.

"Where am I? What happened?" I panicky asked my mom and dad, but my hyung wasn't here. Where is he?

"Are you okay sweetie? Does your head still aching? Don't worry, the nurse and doc were on their way."

"Mom, I- I had this dream... I was with someone, but I don't know what his name was. Is there someone that I missed and lost?"

"Hey, stop it. They wouldn't help in your recovery. You better take your medicine." My vitals were checked by the nurses, and it turned out that I was alright. It states that it is normal, which is good news. My amnesia didn't last long. But in that dream, I had the distinct impression that I was with someone very important in my life.

"I need to talk to Jinhyung hyeong. Where is he?"

"He started his career already, sweetie. He passed the audition as a model in YG Entertainment." Dad said. I have to go, I need to know who that person is.

"I need to do something, mom and dad." I hurriedly said, getting out of bed and rushing to the hospital. I attempted to return to the coffee shop where Haechan and I met for the first time. As if I were a lost child, I looked around the shop. I even questioned the workers, who had no idea where Haechan was. If that was his name, then who is the guy in my dream? I know it starts with D, and I couldn't understand, it was all blurry and glitching.

When music began to play, I was going to shift my feet to the exit. I came to a halt and waited to hear what song it was.

"I could say I never dare to think about you in that way, but I would be lyin'"

"And I pretend I'm happy for you when you find some dude to take home but I won't deny that.."

"In the midst of the crowds, in the shapes in the clouds. I don't see nobody but you."

My head is starting to hurt again, and it's getting worse. I knelt on the ground and saw that some people were attempting to assist me. My eyes longed to close again as the song continued to play. My veins began to push against my head, and I began to weep in anguish.

"Boy, you got me hooked onto something. Who could say that they saw us coming?"

"Tell me, do you feel the love?"

But I tried to rise up, and right now I want to smack my head against the wall. I thanked them, but I declined their offer to help me. Even so, I couldn't recall everything. I was in excruciating pain from this headache. While running, I kept losing my balance, but I am successfully controlling it. I need to speak with my brother since I have a feeling he knows something about my past.

Donghyuck's Point of View

The sun rose up, it was my day-off. My eyes were still wide awake, I didn't sleep, or even nap. My poor eyes, it was emptied. I cried it all. I'm going to face Mark's parents to beg them, this will be the last day that I will show myself to them. I'll take this risk even if the stakes are deadly. It's 6 in the evening when I went to Mark's home, Jinhyung hyeong told me the address anyway.

If I could take all of the air right here, I will absorb them. I was standing in front of their gate. I was extremely scared and nervous, I don't even know if this will be my last day of existing. But for Mark, I will do it. I closed my eyes, then I prayed mentally. I clicked the doorbell twice, waiting for someone to approach me.

"YOU AGAIN!?" It's her mom, and the dad came out too.

". . . I could not believe that your face was thicker than the Miss Marple book! HOW DARE YOU TO GO HERE?!"

"Auntie, please. Just let me talk to you, and to Minhyung. I promise I will never disturb you, ever." I begged, then I knelt. But they did not yet open the gate. They walked closer to me.

"NO. I regret that we came back to Korea! I wish Jinhyung went here alone and we stayed in Canada with Minhyung."

"Uncle... Please, I'm begging. Just one talk..." I said while wailing in front of them. However, the man took something in his pocket. A pistol gun. My whole body was shaking, and I was paralyzed. I failed to open my mouth and I could not move.

"If I see your face again, I won't hesitate to explode this in your head." The man threatened me, I could not raise my head to look at them. "Do you understand?" He placed the barrel of his pistol on my forehead.

While I was walking, I did not know where my feet would send me. I felt a wood that slapped in my back which made me lay on the ground. I tried to push them away but they were too strong. There were five, the other one grabbed my collar and brought me to a grassy dark place. I could not see their faces clearly, and I only felt their hard kicks, punch on face, and wood. They were beating me up, I wandered my head around but I swear I could not see anything, the postlight was too far from here.

I let him beat me up, bruises and blood formed in my face. My t-shirt got torn, and my body was bleeding. I heard a voice of a lady, and they went off, leaving me here. I quickly crawled to the street, and continued to walk like a zombie. I ended up here in a church, I entered and walked to the altar.

"I'm so fatigued... This is too much, and I could not endure it anymore. You were the only one I can run on, nothing else. But please... Before I go, do me one important thing."

". . . Please surround Mark with your guardian angels. Heal his heart and make him safe everywhere he goes. I cannot stand this, and I am so sorry I will not fulfill my promises to him."

". . . But, all thanks to You. You gave me the best thing, and I could not wish for more. He was more than enough. Please... That's my only one prayer since day one, the day that I met him until now. You were the only one who knows how much I love that man. He was my everything. Don't leave him."

". . . I want to close my eyes. My heart doesn't want to beat anymore. Lord, my God..."

". . . I will entrust Lee Minhyung to You."