Chapter 13 "Kin's Protection"

I woke up to the sounds of whispers.

“Ah. She’s finally waking up.”

“Huh? Kestrelflight? “I looked around me and see that I wasn’t in my camp, but Windclan’s camp. Kestrelflight walked over and looked me over before speaking.

“Yes its me. You look better then when Onestar and Ashfoot first brought you here. I’ll go get you something to eat and then we’ll see if you can walk around, before deciding on taking you home to Riverclan.” He walked out and Onestar came walking in. He smiled when he seen me and I smiled back. “Thanks for your help.”

“It’s the least we can do. You worn all four clans about Tigerstar’s attack. Helping you is our way of saying thanks. How do you feel?”

“I feel as if I could take another good beating from Tigerstar and still survive it.” Onestar chuckled, but before he could say or ask me anything else, Kestrelflight came walking back in with a bird in his mouth. He gave Onestar a look that I guess told Onestar it was time to leave.

“Alright Kestrelflight. I’m going. I’ll see you before you leave Featherpaw.”

And like that he walked out and Kestrelflight sat the bird down in front of me and went to sorting herbs. Neither one of us spoke and it took me awhile to start eating the bird that the had brought to me. After I had finished it, Kestrelflight turned to me and looked me over once more.

“Can you stand?”

I thought for a moment and then stood up. My whole body told me to lay back down. It was swore and stiff from the fight I had with Tigerstar, but to my surprise there worn’t any thorns in my pelt. I guess Kestrelflight must have taken them out while he was treating my wounds. No the less I stood up and looked at Kestrelflight.

“Do you think you can walk?”

I stepped slowly and stiffly out of the nest I was laying in and walked around Kestrelflight a few times before stopping in front of him. “How was that?”

“Quit well. I say as long you don’t push yourself, you’ll be able to make the journey home. Come on Onestar wants to see you before he has Ashfoot take you home.”

I followed Kestrelflight out of his den and into the field where Onestar and Ashfoot where sitting sharing tongue with each other. As we got closer their attention turned to us and Onestar smiled at me and nodded to me. I smiled back and nodded to him and Ashfoot. Ashfoot just nodded and then spoke.

“I see your still able to walk.”

“Ashfoot. Can you take Featherpaw home?”

“Of corse I can, Onestar.”

“Thats great. Now then Featherpaw, when you get home I think its best not to get into any fights with any cat, where they be of the clans or the dark forest.”

“Trust me when I say I don’t plan on any fights any time soon, Onestar.”

He nodded and flicked his tail for Ashfoot to take me home. Ashfoot nodded and we were on our way. Once out of Windclan camp Ashfoot slowed our pace down to a walk. I was thankful for that, after all I don’t think I could have ran for too long, before I fell on my face from my paws wanting to give out from underneath me. Neither Ashfoot or I spoke,until I was back on my side of the border. I turned to Ashfoot and thanked him. “I thank you and your clanmates for helping me.” He smiled and nodded to me, then turned around and left back to his clan’s camp. I turned and started for my own clan’s camp, hoping not to run into any dark forest cats along my way. Unfortunate for me I did run into one of them. One that I just so happen to be kin to.