Chapter 19 "Tigerstar's Ambush"

“And just like in the vision that Starclan had sent to me, the four clan cats were locked in bloody battle with the dark forest cats, but I wasn’t about to let part of that vision come to pass. I ran at Tigerstar before he could knock Mistystar unconscious. I jumped on his back as Pouncetail came to stand next to Mistystar.” Leave them alone Tigerstar!! Your fight is with me! “Tigerstar through me off of him and jumped at me, pinning me to the ground.”

You're right it is with you.

“He hissed thoughts words at me and I scratched his under belly that was exposed to me. He let out a wail of pain and pulled away from, but I bite his leg and wouldn’t let him move an inch from him. I wasn’t going to lose my clan leader or one of my elders. I’d die before I let that happen and by the way things were going Tigerstar just might have my life. If not for a serration cat showing up and attacking his own leader.”

Brokenstar help me finish this little pest off.

“I looked up at Brokenstar, but never let my grip on Tigerstar’s leg go. In fact I dug my teeth farther into his leg and started scratching his back one. Brokenstar walked over to Tigerstar’s right side and knocked him over. He then sank his teeth into Tigerstar’s neck.”

Brokenstar what are you? “Hissed Hawkfrost.”

What I should have done the moment you and Tigerstar found out about Featherpaw roaming around the dark forest.

“And with that he sank his teeth in deeper and I kept my hold on Tigerstar the best I could. That is until one of the dark forest cats sank their teeth into the back of my neck and drug me off of Tigerstar. I could see that Hawkfrost was trying to pull Brokenstar off of Tigerstar, but he wasn’t budging an inch. The warrior that held me down now was sinking their teeth into my neck even more, but I saw a flash of gray fur. At first I thought it was Pebblepelt or even Streamclaw. It wasn’t either of them. They were across the clearing fighting dark forest cats. No the cat that came to my rescue was Ashfoot. She scratched the tabby- tom that was holding me down, until he jumped away from her and a good tail length away from both of us.”

Are you alright, Featherpaw?!

Yes, I’m fine. Thanks Ashfoot. “She only nodded and the two of us stood up and started fighting as if we were from the same clan. Then again, we were from the same clan. The one clan that was made up of all four clans and this clan was stronger than the dark forest cats that were attacking us now. We work together and fight together, until we win together, and free ourselves from these nightmare walking, dark hearted cats of our past.”

Do you really think you can defeat us?

“I turned to see Tigerstar standing over Brokenstar, but he wasn’t talking to Brokenstar, but to the four clan. It was Firestar whom spoke up over the roars of the other cats, that were locked in death battles of their own.”

We stand as one Tigerstar. You and your dark forest cats will fall.

We shall see about that Firestar.

“By that time Brokenstar had wiggled free of Tigerstar’s grip and throw the warrior off of him. Then he span around on his hind legs and leaped at Tigerstar, only to be pinned to the ground by Hawkfrost. I bound past Ashfoot as she fought and leaped at Hawkfrost. I hooked my claws into his back and bit his shoulder as hard as I could. He let go of Brokenstar, who batted at Hawkfrost with claws unsheathed. From what I could see, which wasn’t much, Firestar and Tigerstar were locked in a battle with each other. Mistystar, Onestar, and Blackstar where at his side in a second, but that’s all I could see. For Hawkfrost had through me off of him and I hit a nearby tree. Everything went black.”