Chapter 10 "Tigerstar"

Glad to see your a wake Featherpaw.

“I jumped up and into an attacking position. Tigerstar just smiled and stayed sitting. I watched him and kept my ears pert for any other cats that might be near us.” What do you want Tigerstar! I’m not in the best of moods and your one of the last cats I want to see right now!

I can understand why. Hawkfrost almost killed the cat you love and Brokenstar just told you the secert that could end your life as a clan cat. So yes, I can see why you won’t want to see me or the two of them right now. Non the less, I’m here and so are you. They only thing is I came to talk not fight, but if you want to fight then I’ll fight. Take your pick.

“I looked Tigerstar over a few more times. Then I relaxed, just a little. I stood there staring at him, waiting for him to say something else and he did.”

Tell me something Featherpaw. Why do you think Starclan as you training as both a warrior and a medicine cat, or did they not tell you?

I don’t know why, but for whatever reason it is. Starclan as a plan to make sure you dark forest cats stay in the dark forest and not harm another clan cat. “I hissed those words at him. He just smiled and purred at me, but the smile and purring stopped when his eyes meet someone else’s. I turned around to see who it was he was staring at, only to find Brokenstar standing behind me looking at Tigerstar as if to say “Stay way from her.” I just looked between the two of them. But what got my attention was a formulae voice shouting my name.”

FEATHERPAW!!!

“I turned around to see Graypool, Yellowfang, Mistystar, and Jayfeather. Graypool and Yellowfang races over to me and got between me, Tigerstar, and Brokenstar. Mistystar and Jayfeather walked up to me and looked me over. I just nodded to the two of them and looked back at Brokenstar, who had his gaze on me. Yellowfang stepped in front of him and hissed at him.”

Leave her alone Brokenstar!

Take another step Tigerstar and I’ll tare you apart!

I’d like to see you try Graypool.

“I looked at Tigerstar who just grinned at me. I shook my head and walked over to Brokenstar. Yellowfang call me back over to her and the others, but I didn’t move from where I was. I was standing right in front of Brokenstar, face to face. He could tell I wanted to ripe him to piece for what had happened to Streampaw, but I didn’t. Instead, I just asked him something out loud.” Why? “He blinked at me in surprise as did everyone else. Well everyone excite Tigerstar. He just kept smiling and watching me.” Why? Why did you send your mate back to twoleg place and then tell Blackstar that I would becoming to the clans. Tell me why! “Brokenstar got wide eyed and stepped back a bit, then sat down and looked me over, before speaking.”

I sent her back so that she would be safe and so would the kits. A cat from Starclan had told me that you would becoming and I told Blackstar, because he was the only cat I could trust. I didn’t know you would be the kit of my kin that would come back to the clans, until I seen you here in the dark forest.

How did you know I was your kin?

I told you. You look just like my mate, excite for your eyes. They are a different colors from hers. And you have the same kind of tail as she did. Need I say more.

No, you need not say more. “I turned around to meet wide eyes, Mistystar looked at and shook her head.”

Featherpaw get over way from him.

“I smiled and ran over to her. She smiled back and narrowed her eyes at Brokenstar and Tigerstar.”

If either one of you comes near my clan or any clan again. It’ll be the last thing you ever do.

“With that said the five of us walked away. I couldn’t help, but stop and look back at Brokenstar. He just nodded to me. Yellowfang nudged me to keep going, so I did, but even she looked back at Brokenstar before moving on with the rest of us.”

Featherpaw are you alright?

I’m fine Mistystar, but I don’t know what I’m going to do.

What do you mean? We’re going home.

“Stopped and looked at her and the others.” Mistystar did you not hear what was said?

I heard and I don’t care. I’ve known you scents you where a kit and I don’t care what Brokenstar or Tigerstar say. You are a member of my clan and you are not like Brokenstar. You are you Featherpaw and nothing is going to change that.

“I just smiled at her as the tears came falling down the side of my face. Graypool licked my ear, Yellowfang smiled and rubbed her nose to my flank and Jayfeather said that I could never be like Brokenstar. Not in a million years. I cried for a long while, but once my tears dried some we finished walking back to Starclan. I woke up next to Pebblepaw. He was stretching and yawning. I did the same and then licked his ear. He purred at me and the two of us walked to the medicine cat’s den to check on Streampaw.”

Hey Streampaw. How are you?

I’m fine Pebblepaw. What about you?

I’m fine.

What about you Featherpaw? Are you upset with us?

Now I’m going to tell you as I told Pebblepaw last night. I’m not mad at you two. You were just trying to keep me safe and I thank the both of you for that, but from now on when you two see a cat from Starclan or the dark forest you come get me and the rest of the clan. Don’t go off and get yourselves into trouble. Can you two promise me that? “They both answered me at the same time.”

Yes Featherpaw. We promise.

Good. Now hold still while I check your wounds out and get you some new cobwebs to put on them.

Alright Featherpaw. Thanks.

No problem Streampaw. It’s one of my jobs as a medicine cat. “He only nodded as I looked him over. After taking the old cobwebs and herbs off and disposing of them. I applied new ones and asked Pebblepaw to get himself and Streampaw some fish, while I went to check in with Mothwing and Mintfur. He nodded and left. I took one last good look at Streampaw who smiled at me and nodded. I nodded back and left.”