Chapter 11 "Heart Brake"

“It’s been a few days cents Streampaw was attacked by Hawkfrost. He seems to be alright, but for some reason he’s not wanting to talk to me. Pebblepaw keeps asking him why for me, but Streampaw just shakes his head and walks over to Mossypaw without saying a word to Pebblepaw, or me. Pebblepaw kept telling me he was just in a bad mood and would we back to his normal self by tomorrow, but the next day would be the same, and for a full turn of the moon it was that way. I finally decided it was time to see what was bothering him and the only way to do that was to walk into his dreams. I hope Starclan won’t think any less of me for doing this.”

Featherpaw!

Huh? Oh, hello Troutpaw. Is something wrong?

Its Graymist. She needs your help. Follow me and hurry.

“I followed Troutpaw out of camp toured the river.” Tell me what happened.

She was showing me new swimming move when this branch fell on top of her. She can hardly keep her head up out of the water.

Troutpaw stay calm, we’ll get her out and back to camp in no time. “Troutpaw and I reached Graymist. She was having a hard time keeping her head above the water. I quickly looked the situation over and decided on what to do.” Troutpaw lift this branch up and hold it. Graymist I’m going to pull you out as far as I can. Once your free more try and pull yourself free the rest of the way and keep your head above the water. “She nodded and on my mark Troutpaw lifted the branch as much as she could and held it. I could tell she won’t be able to hold it for long, so I worked quickly, freeing Graymist’s hind legs and pulling her out from under the branch. Once i pulled back she wiggled the rest of the way free. And just in time too. Troutpaw’s body gave way to the branch and it fell, thank Starclan that Troutpaw jumped out of the way in time. Other wise she would be trapped under the branch and under the water.” Graymist can you walk?

I don’t think I would make it all the way back to camp, Featherpaw.

I don’t mean for you to walk back to camp, Graymist. “Troutpaw was standing next to Graymist now” I mean for you to walk over to the shore and rest there, while I go get Mothwing or Willowshine.

I can walk over to the shore.

“I nodded and Troutpaw helped her mentor over to the shore. I told Troutpaw that I would be right back and not to leave Graymist for a moment. As I ran back to the camp I spotted Streampaw and Mossypaw catching fish.” Streampaw!! Mossypaw!! “The two of them looked up at me. Neither one looked happy to see me, but I just pushed that aside for now.” Head towered Windclan. Graymist and Troutpaw are over there. Graymist is hurt. I’m going to get Mothwing and Willowshine.

Why should we listen to you?

“I hated Mossypaw for a lot of things. One of them was for stealing Streampaw away from me without a word from him. Another reason was because she thought she was boss of everyone, when Mistystar wasn’t around.” Because I am a medicine cat and those are two of your clanmate that are in need of your help, you mouse brained idiot!! Now get going both of you, before I come down there and make you both go with your tails cut off!!! “Streampaw had never heard me talk like that, but I could see just before he turned to Mossypaw a small smile towered me.”

Let’s go Mossypaw, before Featherpaw does cut off our tails and our ears.

Fine.

“Mossypaw turned and walked off. Streampaw ran to catch up to her and lead the way to our clanmates. After seeing them go, I turned and ran back to camp to get Mothwing, Willowshine, and some herbs to help Graymist. I got back to camp just as Mothwing and Mistystar walked into camp. I run up to Mothwing and had to catch my breath before I could speak.” Mothwing!! Mothwing!!