Chapter Thirty

Clarissa's POV:

We arrived at a restaurant after twenty minutes. We stepped out of the car and Eduardo glared at me, I looked at him in confusion and he pointed at the door making me smile shaking my head.

He grabbed my hand and we walked in. A man came towards us looking nervous. "Good evening, sir and ma'am. The table you asked for is ready," he said and Eduardo nodded. The man walked us to an empty section in the restaurant, he led us to a table next to the glass windows.

I looked at the view and it was mesmerizing, Eduardo pulled out a chair for me and I sat on it. He sat in front of me.

"I'll send a waiter to take your orders," the man said and we nodded.

I looked out the window, I couldn't take my eyes off the view in front of me. Even though my room has an amazing view but nothing tops this.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a hand on mine, I looked at Eduardo and smiled, "The view is breathtaking," I said, "Not as breathtaking as you are," he said smiling making my smile widen.

A waiter came to our table, "Would you like to order your drinks?" she asked politely.

"Get us the best wine bottle," Eduardo said and she nodded writing it down and left.

Eduardo smiled at me and I smiled back, "I don't know a lot of things about you," I said and he nodded.

"Ask me anything," he said, the waiter came with a wine bottle, she took out orders and left.

"What do you think you wanted to be if you weren't the don?" I asked and he smiled, "I'm not sure, I was always told that I'd end up being the don so I never thought about it, but I studied business in college," he said and I smiled.

"That's great," I said and he nodded. He poured us wine and I took a sip putting my glass back down.

"I'm not sure if I know everything about you but I do know a lot," he said. "I have three degrees and I'm finishing the fourth," I said and he looked at me in surprise, "What are they?" he asked.

"Business, engineering, medicine and I was studying psychology but I stopped it for now," I said and he smiled.

We kept talking for a while and getting to know each other properly. Talking to him is very comforting, I was talking with ease forgetting about everything and everyone and focusing on him.

We finished eating, "I have somewhere else I wanna take you," he said and I replied with an ok. We got up and walked out of the restaurant but he didn't pay, making me realise he probably owns it.

We walked back to his car and he drove off, we were talking the whole time. He parks his car at a beach. We get out of the car and walk towards the beach. I stop walking taking off my heels making Eduardo turn and look at me. I motion to his shoes but he shakes his head.

I hold my heels and we walk around, "I brought you here for a reason," Eduardo said making me stop walking and look at him. I put the heels on the sand and he holds my hands. I smile at him.

"I know that life was never fair to you, I know that you went through so much for thirteen years but you still have a lot of time to make up for them and I wanna be one of the people who will be in your life while you make up for those lost years," He took a deep breath and I looked at him in admiration.

"You see all this sand is worth nothing without you, everyone around you loves everything about you, your gentleness, your love and care for them, your humour, your strength, your smile, your laugh, your tears, your bruises, they love everything about you because you make the good and bad things beautiful, like the small fading bruises you have over your body, you make them beautiful," He said and a tear slid down my cheek.