Chapter Twenty Three

Clarissa's POV:

I was shocked, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, I wanted nothing but to rip out his throat. I felt Eduardo's breath quicken when he saw what's happening, I knew I had to do something. I was hidden behind Roman and Anastasia so I sneaked out of the front door and went from the backyard putting the silencer on my gun.

I walk inside as quiet as I could and kill the men behind the one who was holding Mila. They all dropped to the floor but that one didn't notice since they were behind him. The family noticed and looked at me I put my finger on my mouth and they turned their attention back to Mila who was thrashing in the man's hold.

I walk closer at the man and take out my knife and stab him in the stomach then I take the gun out of his hand, his hold on Mila loosens and Eduardo runs towards her and hugs her tightly.

The man drops to the floor, I crouch down to take the knife out of his stomach but I feel pain in my stomach, I look down and he has stabbed me, he takes it out but I ignore that for now and shoot him in the head and right next to the knife.

I sigh and look at the family who's hugging each other tightly making me smile at them. I stand back up trying to hide my pain and they all separate and look at me smiling, uncle Ivan was about to say something when my phone rang. I take it out of my pocket. Lucas

Clarissa: Hey Lucas, did you get home safely?

No answer. I frown and take the phone away from my ear checking that the call is still on.

Clarissa: Lucas?

I hear sniffing making my heart beat fast. Oh God, what happened?

Lucas: Clarissa, you have to come to the hospital,

Clarissa: Lucas, what hospital? what happened? is everyone ok?

Lucas: We got attacked on the way home and...

Clarissa: And what, Lucas? and what?

Lucas: Marco was shot.

My phone dropped out of my hand. I felt my heart drop out of my chest. I blink a couple of times and then look at Eduardo who's standing in front of me asking what happened.

I come back to reality, grab my phone from the floor. Lucas hung up.

"Clarissa, sweetheart, what happened?" aunty Anastasia asked, I looked at her with tears running down my cheeks.

"M-Marco, h-he got shot," I stuttered and she gasped. I blinked a couple of times.

"I need to go to the hospital right now," I said walking out of the door, I felt myself being pulled back by Eduardo.

"Wait, Clarissa, I'll drive you," he said and I nodded walking to his car and sitting in the passenger seat, he stepped in and drove off.

I was looking out the window and silently crying the whole ride. I couldn't believe it, my brother. I- I don't know what to feel, I can't even feel anything but guilty. It's all my fault if I just stayed in that place and didn't look for my family, they wouldn't have gone through this.

I should've just stayed there, I should've mourned my alive family rather than being with them and mourning their death. I should've just stayed there and felt the physical pain rather than the pain I'm feeling right now.

We arrive to the hospital and walk to the receptionist, she tells us that Marco is still in the operation and the family is waiting outside. I walk along with Eduardo towards my family. I feel myself being hugged and close my eyes tightly trying not to whimper. It's not time for that now, I need to make sure Marco's ok.