introduction.

───────✧❁✧───────
hurricane!

───────✧❁✧───────hurricane!

.☆。• *° °

━━━If you asked most people, Valentina Maximus is the ray of sunshine at Camp Jupiter. She loves the color pink, adores makeup like its an art ("... because it is!" she'll argue), and loves loves loves her clothes! She must look good wherever she goes. If you asked Valentina herself (or her two cousins, let's be honest), they'll tell you the truth: Valentina Maximus is a motherfucking train wreck.

Being a child of Venus, not much is expected of hereven though she's the only kid in camp with charm-speak. She's used to be underestimated, and as much as she hates it, it's her biggest advantage. She may not be able to do a times test third graders do in two minutes, but you know what she can do! Talk. She can talk. And in her world, a voice is a human's greatest weapon; which is great for her, cause she has an excellent voice. Charm-speak. Charm-speak works so well for her, and with her stunning beauty that makes her appealing to everyone, Valentina Maximus is, most certainly, a force to reckoned with.

Her father is a loud and boastful man, full of laughter and surprisingly good jokes, with a mess of red curls upon his head and bright blue eyes. Being a descendant of Apollo, he is quite good at medics, later becoming one of New Rome's most efficient doctors. The people know and trust his family; the people know and trust him; therefore, the people know and trust her. She grows up in a rich neighborhood with flowers blooming in the summer and snowmen with carrot stick noses in the winter. She grows up with love, experiencing her childhood and preteen years with her cousins, Regina and Romeo, loving her life. When she is ten, she makes her way to the Wolf House, and she gets accepted into Camp Jupiter's First Cohort as a daughter of Venusthe lady of doves, goddess of love and beauty. It's no shock to anyone; she's a beauty beyond her years.

Then, when she is fourteen, she meets him.

Bryce Lawrence. She's never fallen for anyone quite as hard as she did for him. His family lived right down the street from her, yet she did not know him until then; he was sixteen years old, legacy of Orcus, with gorgeous and wavy brown hair and green eyes that were mesmerizing. Her cousin Romeo warned her. Her friend Reyna warned her. But she didn't listenas good as she is with her voice, she's never been good at listening. And she got her heart broken, smacked around as though it were a piñata, and she was left to gather up the pieces and put together again.

Her father is a doctor, but not even he could heal his daughter's broken heart.

Luckily, her friend Reyna got him banished from campall without spilling Valentina's biggest secret, something her father or her cousins don't even know. But it's only because she doesn't want them to think less of her; all her life, she's been thought of as weak. She doesn't want to be thought of as weak, so she keeps her mouth shut to everyone except Reyna, who seems to understand. But he was banished without having to spill the secret. He's gonehe is no longer at the cafe buying chocolate muffins, he is no longer seen scurrying around with Octavian and his bunch; yet he is still there in her nightmares.

So Valentina Maximus continues her life. She continues her life, hiding the bags under her eyes with makeup and blames the shakiness of her hands on the countless cups of coffee she drinks. She continues her life as the beautiful daughter of Venus who makes flower crowns for sad campers. She continues her life... until she can't hide it anymore.

.☆。• *° °

━━━Romeo Maximus is silent by choice. New campers ask the older ones, Has he ever said a word? Some hardly even notice his presence, though he is almost always by Reyna or Valentina's side, like a body guard or personal knight, with his lips sealed tightly shut. He does not speak; he does not cry out and he does not get involved unless he has to.

Only few have heard him speak. You can be sure that he has spoken to Reyna, and his cousins Valentina and Regina, and perhaps Jason Grace. A few of the older campers remember times when he would talk occasionally, though he was always on the quiet side; most of them, in fact, don't remember much of what his voice sounds like.

He's a silent knight. He does not smile, he does not laugh, he does not cry. He stands there at the praetor's side, dark clothing or armor, with a sword hanging at his waist. He's the best fighter Camp Jupiter has to offer. Oftentimes, he is described as being able to fight "like Achilles reborn." This description suits him well, considering his sword and armor was in fact once Achilles's.

Romeo is the only person other than his mother and his uncles to know of this factthe fact that the Maximus family comes from Achilles, which meant he came from Neoptolemus and his wife Hermione, considering he was Achilles's only son. He comes from a long line of warriors, and this means, like his cousins, he is looked heavily upon. There is Romeo Maximus, son of Flavia and... that's where most people would end.

His father. Most people stray clear of him just for that simple factthey would, quite literally, be getting close to death. His father is Mors, also known as Letum, also known as Thanatos, also known as Deathhis dad is literally the Grim Reaper. Which, in some cases, can be Romeo's biggest advantage in a fight: what enemy wouldn't be scared of death when facing the greatest of the Romans?

Romeo Maximus is a dangerous man to reckon with.

They do not know the reasons why he is quiet. They do not know why the secrets behind his secretiveness. They do not know anything about himand Romeo Maximus wants to keep it that way. All they know is Romeo is truly, what the mortals call, an angel of death.

Maximus Romanorum. Greatest of the Romans.

.☆。• *° °

I do not own Heroes of Olympus!
I am only saying this once!
All rights go respectfully to Rick Riordan. I only
own what I ownmy OCs, their backstories,
and however he/she may impact the story. Those
rights go to me. However, the rest goes
to Rick Riordan.
I do not own Heroes of Olympus!

THE SAME WARNINGS that applied to the last book apply to this book, but heavier. Trigger warnings (tw) will be placed at the top of every chapter where potentially triggering things are mentioned/described.

Points of View for Part One:
Annabeth Chase
Valentina Maximus
Leo Valdez
Romeo Maximus
Percy Jackson
Piper McLean
Ajax Luz

Points of View for Part Two:
Hazel Levesque
Regina Maximus
Ajax Luz
Leo Valdez
Percy Jackson
Valentina Maximus
Romeo Maximus
Frank Zhang (one)
Annabeth Chase (one)

the mark of athena & the house of hades
l. valdez x fem!oc
p. mclean x male!oc
heroes of old book two
heroes of olympus fanfiction