Chapter Sixty-Five | Killian

Killian drew in a sharp breath as he was awoken by the presence of another. In the darkness he couldn't see, but a familiar scent enveloped him quickly enough. He held Jasper's hand, the palm set on his cheek, barely brushing against his skin. So delicate, so loving. His chest swelled and eyes dampened with unshed tears. "You're okay?" He prompted, sniffling. "I can't see you, you've got to tell me."

Jasper moved his hand from his cheek and then set it over his eyes momentarily. Killian swallowed, he didn't like it one bit, but he knew it was better that way when sharp light followed the click of a button. The torch was set on the bedside table, facing away from them towards the opposite wall, but bright enough to illuminate the space. "I'm alright," Jasper whispered, his warm breath tickled Killian's lips as their noses brushed together. "I'm sorry if I frightened you."

Being this close to Jasper seemed to have sucked all of the air out of Killian's lungs. He was left barely able to breathe, staring into his lover's crystalline blue eyes. "It's okay," he uttered, "you're here again. That's all that matters now." He paused for a few moments, closing his eyes and letting his partner's presence overwhelm him with all of it's gentle, loving warmth. "Will you sleep with me tonight?"

"Of course," Jasper murmured. Soft lips pressed against Killian's forehead, he leaned into it, chasing after whatever affection he could find. "Let me undress and I'll join you." The disappointment that followed Jasper's sudden absence was immense. Hurry up. He thought desperately. I need you. He laid down, allowing his body to sink into the comfortable mattress beneath him. Through half-lidded eyes, he watched the other man with a small smile.

Jasper's powerful muscles moved languidly along his skin as he pulled his shirt over his head, neatly folding it and setting it down on the chair next to the bed. Killian's desperation was finally quelled whenever his partner was made comfortable and joined him. "I missed you so, so much." He murmured as he shifted closer. With Jasper laying down, Killian was able to curl his body up as close to him as humanly possible, then tuck his head up against his arm. He was wrapped into a hug, which he immediately relished in. "You were gone for so long, I got worried."

"I know," Jasper said, keeping his tone hushed. The rumbling in his chest was strong, Killian felt it through his partner's skin. "We got a bit side-tracked, but everybody's alright." Killian's lips parted into a yawn but he couldn't help and giggle whenever his partner interrupted it with a kiss.

Their lips fit perfectly together, two pieces of a puzzle, one completing the other. Killian felt as if his heart might explode from the onslaught of relief and happiness. He couldn't express it in words, only in the way he held Jasper's face and tangled his fingers into his lover's soft hair.  Jasper smiled after their mouths parted, Killian could say nothing, so he stared up at his partner, hoping his expression would be enough to communicate his emotions. "Baby," his voice cracked mid-sentence, "you're here again, with me."

A familiar softness in Jasper's eyes made Killian's heart skip a beat. "I'm here again," he said, "and I won't be leaving any time soon." The silence that followed was comforting, enjoying the presence of his partner didn't always entail speaking with him. They could keep one another company in the dark, cozy room without making a single sound. He laid his head onto Jasper's chest, closing his eyes and drinking in deep breaths, letting the masculine musk bathe his tongue and fill his lungs. His muscles began to unwind, his fast-beating heart evening out to match the other man's. "Hasan told me you'd be ready to leave the cabin tomorrow, if I can take you outside and you do well moving around on your own."

The excitement Killian felt was tangible, as if he could cut through the air with a knife. Eagerly, he sat up, then hauled himself onto Jasper's lap, using him as a new makeshift bed. He laid his chin down just below his partner's, smiling up at him. He can't resist my smile. He'll agree to anything I say! Maybe he'll let me take a walk outside tomorrow...these walls are feeling so cramped. I need to see Midnight too, I can hear her every morning, she's anxious...poor girl. "Are you going to take me outside?" He asked, not being able to contain his excitement, he wiggled a bit.