Chapter Sixteen | Killian

Killian kept his eyes on the ground as he sat beside the river he and the Reaper's had crossed the night prior. He was exceedingly uncomfortable; the Reaper's had decided washing off all of the blood from the biter's was a good idea--and cleaning their clothes as well. Since that morning, he'd been sitting on the same waterside boulder sunning himself, not daring to look up at any of them in case he made some sort of awkward eye contact. Killian, of course, prompted to stay safe and dry on the shore. He'd clean himself in the safety of his living quarters, away from anybody who could look at him.

If Killian was with the rest of his group--Jasper, Tom, Chris, Darren and the rest, he wouldn't want to bury himself alive as much. He was sure Jasper definitely wouldn't have a problem bathing in front of the others, the man had no shame. Me on the other hand. Killian thought. I would rather drop dead. "What's wrong, Rabbit?" Killian whipped around to see Doctor Lennox leaning against a tree. The man was shirtless, wearing his usual cargo jeans and belt. Along the belt were strapped medical supplies--sharp medical supplies. Strapped to his thigh was the pair of scissors and various tools Killian had seen the first day he'd met the man. "Come here."

Worrying his lower lip, Killian wasn't exactly sure how to respond. What if he hurts me? Those things are pretty sharp. And if I get in trouble Stephan won't be happy. Although he hated it, Killian got up and obeyed the mysterious medic, padding his way over, careful not to let his eyes flicker back towards the water. "That's a good boy," Lennox said, patting Killian's head with a large hand. He barely resisted the urge to cough through the smoke wafting off of Lennox's cigarette. What kind of doctor has a smoking habit? Isn't that really bad for you?

"Don't patronize me." Killian quipped, shoving Lennox's hand away from his head. "And don't touch me either, you freak."

Lennox raised a single brow, a slow smile curling at his mouth. "How insulting." Killian's fists clenched at the man's sarcastic tone. But the Reaper quickly moved on, "You've got a scrape on your arm from last night. I want to have a look at it," Killian didn't have a choice. The doctor ignored his previous warning and grabbed onto Killian's wrist, jerking his arm forward. Well geez, don't be too gentle now, doc. "Before Stephan starts his griping." Oh. That makes more sense.

Killian jumped as Stephan's deep voice rumbled behind him, "Griping about what, Lennox?"

"Ah, hello my liege." Lennox greeted the other man with a wide grin and a polite dip of his head. He nodded to a particularly nasty, long lesion on the underside of Killian's left arm. "The poor thing's got a bit of a scrape on his arm there. I assumed you'd want me to take a look at it."

Stephan must had acknowledged Lennox, because the doctor nodded, "Well, it doesn't look too too bad. Should just clean it, maybe put a wrap on it for a few hours. Not too long though, this one looks like it needs to breathe a bit." Is he talking about me or the wound? Killian thought, narrowing his brows. He attempted to jerk away from Lennox, which only resulted in him falling onto his backside to the ground. Dazed, he shook his head with a scowl.

"I told you not to touch me!" Killian raged, scrambling quickly onto his feet. He didn't want to be laying on the ground anywhere around those men, he didn't trust them one single bit not to take advantage of his weakness. "I'll bite you next time."

"Like a little puppy," Lennox teased, looking up at Stephan. "Maybe we should find a collar for him." A hot flush covered Killian's cheeks, one of both anger and embarrassment. "You really should train this one better, Stephan." Train?! I'm not a dog you stupid son of a bitch! It took every ounce of self control for Killian not to uphold his promise and take a big chomp out of the doctor's arm. His dismay grew even further when Stephan didn't refute the idea, only changed the subject.