Chapter 17: Life or Death

-3rd POV
-Alleyway, Crash Site

As Sera recollects what happens, Y/N's eyes glow as his fist is covered in a dark black and blue aura.

Without saying another word, he turns clockwise and his attack lands into the face of the attacker.

But it's just more than that, the punch itself was packed with so much power now with the cursed energy, that the attacker was sent through an entire building!

Creating a wall, Y/N's fist was covered in smoke now as he clenched his teeth and got onto one knee.

Seraphina came to his side, and as she took off the sleeve, she was shocked at the damage.

Intense bleeding, an entire knife went through his back and ended on his front.

Sera: "Shit..." Is all she could say, quietly. Although, Y/N picks up on it.

Y/N: "I e-expected it to be bad..." He says, and when he notices two attackers get up, he doesn't hesitate to attack to, holding his shoulder.

Sera: "Y-Y/N..." Amazed at his everlasting ethic to fight, he notices him set foot first.

At first, one of them tried to attack, but Y/N dishes by jumping onto the air, and coming down with his foot onto the attacker's back.

With his foot covered in Cursed Energy as well, the damage not only affected the attacker, but the concrete as well, as it formed a mini crater.

As the other attacker came in, he elbowed them from behind, as they stumbled back, Seraphina came in time and sliced at them.

As their body dropped, Y/N's shoulder began to bleed more. Falling down, Sera came to his side and helped him up.

Sera: "M-my ability...I feel it...weakening." She states, which catches Y/N's attention.

Y/N: "Don't w-worry. We need to g-get for here..." He offers, and Sera lazily nods.

Walking out into the straights, Y/N tried very well to mask his shoulder energy, but his shoulder and arm became dead, he couldn't even use them anymore if he wanted to.

He couldn't send Cursed Energy to that fist because of his shoulder energy, and that was a big problem.

But Seraphina was equally in trouble too, after being drugged, her eyes could barely stay open, and her reactions were delayed by a ton.

Y/N wasn't the funny, chill student he was. He was now more serious, and it was hard to find a single ounce of a positive emotion in his face.

His face was all sweaty, blood leaked from his mouth a bit, he grunted quietly every time he took a step as well.

The two students of Wellston's school, known for their power, wisdom, and strength...

Were successfully ambushed...

...and almost defeated.

TimeSkip

As John came home, he was finally relieved that it was Friday. Knowing that he had to help Sera move back into the dorms was gonna take a while.

John: "I wonder why Y/N didn't come to school today. Not likely for him to skip..." He asked himself, but that question was instant gone from his mind the moment he saw blood on the door handle.

A bit aware...he slowly opened the door...

John: "Hey...I'm home-"

The first thing that caught his attention, was a shirtless man with blood dripping down from his shoulder to his arm and some parts of his chest.

This man...was Y/N.

And sitting on a chair, was Seraphina, who was unconscious, and holding her hip.

How did this happen?

John: "Y-Y/N!! SERAA!!"

Yelling in shock, he runs over to his best friend's side. Whose eyes are barely open. Waving over it, those same pair of eyes lazily attract to John.

Y/N: "Jo-John...?" He softly asks.

John: "Y-Y/N! What the hell happened here! Who hurt you guys!" He asks, then running over to Seraphina's side to help her wake up, but it doesn't work.

Y/N: "...va-van...ambush...drug..." Is all he managed to say, before his head clenches fist softens and his head rolls to his shoulder

John: "N-no...! I gotta call Elaine! Elaine! Are you-" Being hung up on was not a good sight, seeing two of his friends completely hurt played with John's mind.

The only person he could call...

...was Arlo.

Even though John and Y/N don't have a good relationship with Arlo, especially the latter, he has no choice.

As he began to call Arlo, John was running out of time, and Y/N's fate would soon be destined, to death.

John: "Arlo! Arlo listen to me! Grab Elaine and come to my place! Quickly!" He says, and before Arlo could even question it, John hung up.

Looking at them, he held Sera in his arms and constantly checked up on Y/N, knowing that he became unconscious too.

John: "Hang in there...Y/N."

TimeSkip

When Elaine and Arlo got to John's place, they were shocked at the sudden students, Y/N and Seraphina, who were injured.

Elaine: "Seraphina!" She yells out, getting in her knees, she studied her state.

Arlo: "Jesus...Y/N..." He walks over to Y/N nudging a bit for him to wake up, as to which, he slowly does.

Elaine looks at John, with a sudden sprint of hatred in her now.

Elaine: "John...w-what the heck did you do?! How dare you hurt her, and even your friend too! What did they do to deserve this??" She continues to press on, but John is fed up with it.

John: "Will you just shut the fuck up-!" Before he could slap her, somebody held his arm.

Looking up to see who it was, shocked him.

Y/N: "Ca-calm down...we don't solve anything by getting angry at each other..." He confesses as he sits back down, feeling instantly tired.

John glared at Elaine, and this causes her to heal Sera.

After sometime of healing, Elaine finished.

Elaine: "O-okay, all done. These were stab wounds, Y/N's was more on the larger scale as it was severe and literally disrupted a few bones, muscles, and veins...Seraphina's was just a simple stab..." She explains, but this doesn't satisfy John.

John: "Why hasn't she woken up yet then." He asks.

Elaine: "It's...strange. She's perfectly healthy, yet, something thing is off..."

John: "Then, how is Y/N able to wake up, but not her?" He continues to ask, pressing on as his anger builds up.

Elaine: "I-I'm not sure..."

John: "The what are you doing as a healer then?! So fucking useless!" He prepares to slap her again, until Y/N speaks up.

Y/N: "Drugs."

Is what remains in the room. That single word, caused everybody to stop what they are doing.

Arlo: "Are you saying she took drugs and this is what happened?" He asks, but Y/N shakes his head and specifies further.

Y/N: "No. She was drugged. I was too. We were ambushed in an attack. Fortunately, the position had some affect on me, but not for long. I excreted it and realized this drug...was to weaken your ability."

Hearing the sudden news, no one could believe it. What was coming out of Y/N's mouth?! Could the trust him?