Chapter 16: Sabotage

-Itadori's POV
-Outside

A good day to be outside, don't you think? This is Seraphina's last day of being suspended, and since JC is facing something similar, I decided to skip school for this one time.

Yeah, yeah, I don't usually skip school. But Seraphina was really insisting that I join her as she only had two hours left or something.

This won't happen again...I guess?

Y/N: "Woaba...Boba. Seriously?" I ask, Sera chuckles as I pay for our drinks.

Sera: "You had a better place in mind?" She asks me, taking her drink, she winks at me before leaving.

Couldn't tell if that was her being flirtatious, or her just being thankful, but I guess I'll have another time to analyze it soon enough.

Leaving as well, I joined Seraphina in a walk, but I guess before I could say anything, she brought up a topic I did not expect.

Sera: "Y/N...why do you...get along with John?" She asks me, it kinda threw me off my guard, but I answered anyways.

Y/N: "Well...I'm not even sure myself. Noting that John is-"

Crap! I can't say he has an ability! Sera doesn't even know herself! It almost slipped, I gotta keep it on the low.

Y/N: "-po-powerless...I originally thought that he would be afraid of me and my power, but that wasn't the case. He put abilities aside, and he became my friend for who I was, and not just the power I hold." I say, seeing Seraphina nod, I was glad this was enough to convince her.

Mentally sighing, I'm glad I wasn't able to leak the secret of John's abilities...but something also raises a question too.

There's someone following us.

I could hear their footsteps, aside from Seraphina's light, quick steps and mines, there was someone trailing us.

Before I could confront them, a voice rung out.

Lady: "E-excuse me! May I have your attention please?" She asks us. Both Seraphina and I look at each other, and I'm guessing she's picked up on it too.

Y/N: "Hey...what's up?"

Lady: "I-it looks like I forgot my phone at home...would you mind telling me the time?"

Sera: "Yeah, sure." Pulling out her phone, the lady continues to speak.

Lady: "I've got this important presentation today! It's really unlike for me to be careless!" She pleads.

Y/N: "Well, I hope you do well on your presentation!" I comfort her, and she smiles.

Lady: "Th-thank you! I'm just so...nervous. Maybe that's why I forgot..." After she had stated those words, something unexpected happened.

CRCK!

Seraphina dropped her phone, the concrete sure did a number on it.

Lady: "O-oh gosh...I'm so sorry it cracked!" She says, but then, I get a shivering sensation in my body.

I'm tensed up.

I feel my body tensed up, the Curse Energy rising at an all time high.

It's like my body was already trying to fight something, and it did, successfully.

Maybe a cold? Sukuna did state that poisons, and diseases don't work on me. Not sure for the latter part, but it was something along the lines of that.