Chapter 25: What Good Men Do

-3rd POV
-Outside of Wellston

Y/N: "...so like I was saying earlier, JC had finished the cure supposedly. All it took was a few samples, seeing that doc's treatment didn't work.." He trails off, as Seraphina feels delighted that another cure would be made for her, but she too began to have her doubts.

Seraphina: "What if...this one doesn't work either?" She asks in a low voice, not to attract attention from anyone else.

"It has to. Plus, JC is going to major in biology once this is all said and done, so he's probably our safest best."

Seraphina looks at Y/N before scoffing, "If an entire doctor couldn't do it, what makes you think JC can?"

"He's...JC. Plus, his extensive knowledge of the human body is very good." Itadori adds on, as the two continue to walk. Reassuring Seraphina must've did a lot, because she felt a whole lot confident in gaining her abilities back in no time.

Y/N: "So hey...are you and John a thing-"

TIK!!

Instantly, the sound of a pebble, not even a pebble, the sound of a small rock had touched down on the concrete walkway. Looking up, Y/N sees Seraphina holding her head...and slowly she began to bleed.

At that moment, Y/N knew a random rock couldn't be thrown at her from nowhere. This was pre-meditated.

And Cecile had to be behind it.

C'mon, Cecile knows Y/N's biggest secret, and now she's cracking down on everyone around him because of it. Well, it might not be her since no one would want to pick a fight with a God-Tier, with Seraphina...

So...who would have the man of steel balls to do so?

There again, it doesn't add up. Nobody knows Seraphina lost her ability except for the main people know, now including Remi, but who else could catch on?

Either Isen or Cecile. Those two, but none of them once again would want to pick a fight with Seraphina. One of them knowing that John could seriously fuck them up, and the other knowing that both Arlo and I could silence her if we wanted to .

No...no...

This was the work of a third-party.

"What...was that?"

"A rock was just thrown at Y/N and Seraphina? Only she got hurt though..."

"You must be out of your damn mind to pick a fight with the two strongest in all of Wellston!"

"But don't you think that's...sus? Seraphina got hit...she never gets hit!"

Upon closer inspection of her head, she seemed to bleed more profusely now, as a green-haired girl began to walk up to us.

???: "Seraphina! I am so sorry! I totally didn't mean to hit you! I was just practicing my aim and totally missed!" She says, now realizing and connecting the dots that this girl must have some sniper-aim ability that made her miss.

But why would you practice out here? Out in the open...?

Looking around, Y/N noticed that she came from absolute...nowhere. There's nowhere she could've practiced her aim. Yeah, there were a few birds flying around, but why would you want to harm animal life?

...and why would you want to practice with a rock? I'm guessing her ability doesn't allow her to emit energy at all to attack, so she would have to use other sources. In this case, a small rock. Given that the rock too is something she could carry...