Chapter 10: Fight Between Friends

-2nd POV
-Outside of Wellston

SNAAAAAP!

You hear a blood-curdling snap as you drive to the spot. The low tiers look at you and give you nasty looks.

Looking forward, you are John on somebody-

Y/N: "Oh my God..."

It catches your attention that his arm is turned the wrong way, and this deems you to say that his arm...is broken.

By John, and John only.

John looks up and sees you, his hair, his face, they all scream roughed up.

John: "Y/N..."

Y/N: "What the hell John? Is this why you didn't want me protecting you now?"

John: "I don't need your help! I'm better off with someone else's help than yours!"

That shot your heart. All those times you were there to protect him and help him, all those times you tried to make it in time and still defended him...

They all meant nothing.

All of that...just went down the drain. When you thought you had finally achieved a good friend...

You didn't.

John could tell by your face you were shocked by what he said, and he looked remorseful.

John: "I'm sorry Y/N...I didn't mean to snap at you like that. But these guys need to learn-"

Y/N: "Get off him."

You went straight to the point, everyone was shocked and could tell by your monotone face.

Getting off of him, John shot you a nasty look.

One of the low tiers was getting ready to fight, but you flashed your scary killing intent to scare all of them off.

By the time everyone was gone, it was just you and John.

John: "I don't need your help, Y/N. Jmf fine perfectly by myself-"

Y/N: "I saw your eyes."

John stopped talking, he was caught off guard. He tried to play dumb but it wouldn't work with you.

John: "Yeah...you saw my eyes. They are yellow. What about it?"

Y/N: "You lied to me."

John: "Lied about what? Y/N I don't lie at all"

Y/N: "Lies. I saw your eyes. They were glowing! You do have an ability! It all adds up!"

John was taken aback as you closed the distance between them.

Y/N: "No wonder why you didn't want your level to be checked. You had an ability and needed to keep the image of you being a cripple!"

John: "Y/N I-"

Y/N: "You were doing this on purpose! I don't know what your ability is but that isn't right!"

John: "Y/N you are contradicting yourself! How can I fight back without fighting them! Get out my way, I'm heading to the Infirmary."

John slightly bumps into you, who takes that into offense and shoves him from behind.

John: "Don't touch me."

John snapped, his cruel voice, meant for fear but that didn't shake you. It didn't scare you in the slightest.