Chapter 8: Itadori vs Wellston

-Itadori's POV
-School Hallway

Y/N: "Hyaa! Scatter!"

Students began to run say scared for their life as I sigh.

Putting my fists down, I wipe the sweat off of my forehead and look down at John, helping him up, I could tell.

He was tired of it.

I don't have the same reputation and power Seraphina has, so John has been attacked a lot lately.

Y/N: "Sorry John, I came as soon as I could."

John: "It's alright Y/N, you are trying to stick up for someone as weak as me. That already means enough."

Y/N: "But it isn't. They think twice before fighting you because they run into Seraphina. But apparently, I don't carry the same message. Still the same ass-whooping though."

John: "Y/N, it's alright. No need to kill yourself over this. Even with the fact that roommate has been suspended too."

Y/N: "I know. It's hard dealing with it. For all, we know I could be the next one suspended. I'm looking out for my every step here. It's like a jungle in this school. I'm getting tired here, just one more...and I might snap."

John: "Haha. Well said. I'll head to the infirmary to treat these injuries. I'll see you later."

Y/N: "What do you mean? I'm going with you. I'm your bodyguard now. Forget classes."

John: "Y/N..."

Y/N: "Well? Let's go, Mr.President, we have an escort available for you."

Getting to the infirmary, it seemed doc was starting to get tired of John arriving. I pleaded that students are starting to attack him more since I am busy with my things and cannot protect him.

John: "Y/N...they never listen."

Y/N: "Hm?"

John: "They never listen. No matter how many times you tell them they won't listen. You need to teach them."

Y/N: "I'm good. You need to realize talking works too."

John: "Hasn't been working lately..."

That was an eye-opener for me. I've been fighting and punching a lot lately, and it never seemed to stop.

I need to change this mindset. I need to set a lesson for all those who do not listen.

But...it destroys my morals. I wouldn't be any different than what Arlo did to that boy that day.

But it's for a different cause. If they keep picking on John, they'll realize they have a lot more coming to them than realized.

It was a hard decision I wasn't ready to make. But protecting John from the savage beasts is all that mattered.

If only John could wear he could fight back. If only...

But lately, I've been noticing it's taking a mental toll on John himself.

He's snapping towards Y/N more and more. Snapping towards other students. He wasn't like this before, so, this is due to the bullying he's received.

I'm trying my hardest to guard him, protect him, shield him...but I can't be at all places at once.

It's like they don't fear me.

Is this what I need to do? Strike fear into students? I don't do that at all! I would like to become friends with everyone!

But it doesn't work that way.