47| SOMETHING WAS WRONG

"Why would I let you out? Huh? You turned me in

"Why would I let you out? Huh? You turned me in." Rafe spoke from the other side of the door, Bali getting his attention by timing his footsteps perfectly and calling out to him, "Or did you forget that?"

"My mom could kill me." Bali said back, looking over at Conner who was silently trying to get the hammer out of one of the tool boxes, "You want me to die, Rafe?"

"No. Doesn't mean I like you." Rafe argued, she heard him take a breath. It was silent a second, "You told me I could trust you."

Then the real guilt hit her, "I know."

"And I got on that boat, thinking you were trying to help and then you turned me in!" he was yelling now, at her, at the world, at everything, "You made it all worse."

Bali didn't say anything, catching Conners eye as he held the hammer up with a nod.

"Rafe." Bali spoke from the other side again, exhaling, "I'm... i'm sorry."

Manipulation. He deserved it. Of course he did. Somehow, she still felt guilt for it.

"I thought I was doing what was right and it all backfired. I know that i've been the worst friend to you. Ever since rehab. And-and i'm so sorry." Bali spoke up, realness in her voice as she leaned on the door, "Just let me out and we can talk about this. Normally."

Conner inched forward with a nod of his head, clutching his hammer as the door clicked. Rafe opened the door, the gun pointed at them first. He nodded at the hammer in Conners hand, "Should have known."

"Rafe-" Bali tried.

"Don't." he warned her with a serious look, "I'm so sick of you lying to me."

"Put the gun down, we're all good." Conner tried, hand shaky with the hammer. Guns were never something he liked, not at all. His mom shot herself, guns only leading to violence and what lead to her suicide.

"No, dude, are aren't." Rafe laughed, holding the gun with two hands as he nodded, "Funny, isn't it? The three of us. Like old times."

"Exactly." Bali spoke softly, hands rose slightly, "Just like old times. It could-"

"Stop lying to me!" Rafe hollered at her, Bali jumped as she nodded quickly to stop any form of anger, "You keep fucking with my head!"

"Rafe, dude, come on." Conner nodded, putting the hammer down, "Neither of us are armed now. You don't wanna shoot us."

"No, I don't." Rafe hummed, keeping the gun secure in his hands, "But I will."

The gun cocked in his hand, Conner shoved Bali away quickly.

No shots came, only a hard thump. Bali gapped as Conner froze, looking at her as Rafe hit the ground. Her eyes fell on the door, John B looking at her.

"John B." Bali threw her arms around him immediately, "Holy shit, you're here? How are-"

"Ward has the cross and Sarah." John B pulled back as he spoke to her, Rafe passed out on the ground from how hard John B hit him, "Go find, Pope. He-"