12| FEELING LIKE A SHADOW AGAIN

"I'm nervous

"I'm nervous." Bali said as she rode in the boat, the water splashing on her shoulders while John B drove, "What if Kie fed Sarah to the sharks or Sarah strangled Kie with a jellyfish?"

The trio of boys looked at her with a crazy look. Bali shrugged, "I wrote a short horror book about the OBX."

"Lovely." Pope said as they neared the boat, "Well, they both look pretty alive to me."

Bali stood up and walked toward the edge of the boat as she looked up at Kie and Sarah, "Hello, ladies."

"You gotta admit, it was kinda funny." John B spoke out to the pair as he stopped the boat.

"Mastermind, huh?" Kie asked him with a raise of her eyebrows.

"I'm always plannin'." He said back with a cheeky grin.

"Some patriarchal bullshit." Kie spoke as she stood up and jumped onto the boat.

"Yeah, that sucked." Sarah agreed before doing the same.

"So, no girls night trio business going on? Because I can't handle watching another rom-com with these three." Bali spoke honestly, holding her hand out to help Sarah get onto the boat.

"Still love us though, right?" JJ asked hopefully.

"Which movie did you make them watch?" Kie asked, looking down at Bali.

"Friends with Benefits." Bali said back, offering her pair of sunglasses to Kie.

"Hey, you still hate me?" John B questioned as he looked up to Sarah.

"A little. We're both gonna get you back when you least expect it." Sarah crossed her arms with a nod of her head. JJ and Bali shared a hopeful look at Sarah's words.

"Watch your backs, boys and Bal." Kie spoke with a threatened look.

"To be far, I didn't know until John B beat on my door." Bali defended herself, "And I made you guys some sushi."

"Mhm." Kie said sarcastically, "To kiss up?"

"I welcome that challenge." Pope said to the pair with a raise of his eyebrows.

"Me too." JJ agreed.

"Not I, never I." Bali shook her head.

"So, did you guys, you know..." Pope trailed off.

"See any jelly's?" Bali finished for him.

"I was gonna say make up but that works too." Pope went along with her words. JJ put his sunglasses on Bali's head since she'd given hers to Kie.

"Reconcile our differences?" the tall girl questioned.

"Mm-mm." Sarah shook her head.

"Not even close." Kie agreed.