33| THE FIGHT

"JJ

"JJ." Bali spoke faster as she ran to him, wrapping her arms around his frame. She was late to the court house, her dad meeting with high dollar lawyers, "How is he? My dad found one. A woman. She's really good and has won a lot of cases similar to this one. He's on the phone right now."

JJ looked into the car and found Dante speaking over the phone, "They're talking about giving him the death penalty."

"What?" Bali asked in disbelief with worry in her eyes, "He's seventeen."

"That's what I said." JJ spoke in annoyance as he yanked his hat off, "Over something he didn't even do!"

Bali grabbed his hand, Sarah coming to her side while Bali wrapped a arm around her tightly.

"I'm so sorry what you and your family have gone through." Conners father, actually, spoke to Ward as they exited the court house, "Thank god the system works."

"Can you please shut up?" Kie snapped loudly as the Delgado man turned to her, "Of course you think the system worked because it was made to protect you and people like you."

"He'll have his day in court. A jury will decide." He said back her way, clearly not liking being called out.

"He shouldn't even be in court! You should, cause you're a murderer." Kie jammed her finger in Wards direction.

"I know you're upset-" he tried her way while Shoupe headed over.

"Upset?" Kie asked in disbelief.

"I know he's got you fooled." Ward rose his arms as Rose stood behind him.

"What? Like you do your perfectly little island? Some perfect family, perfect life you have." Bali cut in quickly with a harsh glare, "Why don't you tell everyone, right now, what all you've done to your billboard family!"

Sarah grabbed her arm to keep her back, Dante getting out of the car suddenly.

"He's got you all fooled." Ward shook his head her way.

"No, i'm not just upset!" Kie hollered out as she lunged for Ward.

"Woah, woah." Dante headed over like the police force did. Ward shoved his hand out of his face as Bali's dad gave a look of disbelief, "You better back up, right now."

"Or what? You gonna knock out my headlights too?" Ward asked him with a laugh. Dante suddenly grabbed hold of Wards blazer, yanking him his way. Bali's eyes went wide at the sight, never knowing her father to get physical with Ward of all people.

"Hey! Woah! All of you, back off!" Shoupe got between them, yanking them back while another officer grabbed hold of Kie.

"Hey, get away from my dad." Bali yanked at the officer who suddenly was holding her dad, letting Ward go, "You're just gonna let him walk though, aren't you!"