15| I'M NOT LETTING YOU GO

"Dude, why are we at Barry's?" Pope asked in disbelief after JJ pulled up infront of the beat up trailer

"This'll only take a second." JJ spoke as he got out of the van, dogs barking in the background.

"JJ, wait, someone could be in there." Bali said as she jumped out of the van.

"Yeah, you'd know." JJ said back, though he didn't mean to come off so angry at her. Bali shut her mouth after that.

"Where you going?" John B asked as he got out as well.

"Yo soy justicia!" JJ called into the air as he walked inside.

"Did you get anything from that?" Pope asked in disbelief.

"Hey." Kie said as she tugged on Bali's belt loop, making her look over, "You could have told me, you know?"

Bali frowned, "I know. I just wasn't ready."

Kie gave her hand a small squeeze.

"You know somebody should probably-" Sarah began.

"Yeah." John B agreed as he got out of the van. Bali had a urge to follow him inside but decided against it, not wanting JJ to snap at her again.

"So, you came here before?" Pope asked Bali, "Thats what happened to your hand?"

"I bought from him a lot, when I stopped he lost a lot of money." Bali said, hiding the burnt mark on the inside of her hand, "I haven't seen him since then. But that was two years ago."

"Sorry, Bal." Pope apologized as he rubbed her shoulders. Shouts from inside the thin walls came toward them, making Pope and Kie share a worried expression. Bali hesitated before walking over.

"Bal!" Sarah called out to her but was ignored. Bali walked up the familiar steps, the smell of heavy drugs hitting her. She messed with her braclets as she walked inside.

"JJ." she called out, walking through the living room and finding JJ with his hands holding onto John B's shirt tightly.

He looked over at her in disbelief, "What are you doing in here?"

"For you." Bali said as she walked over when he let John B go, "Whats happening?"

"JJ had a bright idea to steal from a drug dealer." John B said with a roll of his eyes. JJ scoffed and looked away.

"He'll know it was us and just come right back to kill us, JJ. Use your head, a little." Bali said as he shoved past her. Bali grabbed hold of him before he could walk off, holding him still in her arms, "This isn't worth it, okay? We can figure out another way to do this."

"There's no other way, Bal, let me go." he said. She did, but only to raise her hands and place them on his face. John B watched in confusion and silence. JJ didnt make eye contact with her, "Let me go."