1| WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

"Mom, please, I hate listening to these men

"Mom, please, I hate listening to these men." Bali begged her mother in a whisper, "Just to take the edge off?"

"Bali, hush." Cassandra scolded her, "You are not drinking infront of all these business people."

"They won't know." Bali tried. A vodka tonic was set down infront of Cassandra, her conversation with her daughter had too much of her attention to thank him.

"Absolutely not, maybe after." Cassandra said, giving her a stern look before smiling around the table. Appetizers were around them, the round table sat up in the hotel lobby was filled with buisness men and women from near by, discussion the Pandaros Hotels for the night. The sunset was going down, shining through the perfectly clean windows, causing an orange glow to illuminate the lobby. Usually, Bali loved it, but it was harsh in her eyes this evening.

"A pink lemonade, for you, Miss Pandaros." a new voice cut in. The sunset was suddenly out of Bali's eyes when a figure stood before it, a pink lemonade in his hands. Bali looked up, the sunset outlining his figure and made him look orange. Bali had seen him a few times, causing trouble with a few Kooks, she'd usually stay out of it. He had a busted lip and a bow tie, clearly trying to seem professional for the occasion.

"Oh." Bali said back, she smiled even though she was well aware she didn't order a pink lemonade, "Thank you."

He gave her a subtle wink and headed back to the kitchen. Bali brought the lemonade to her lips and took a large gulp, suddenly feeling rather thirsty. A harsh cough came from her mouth when the burning sensation hit her throat, feeling like she swallowed a shot of acid. All eyes on the table turned to look at her in worry, the nearly dead teen trying to wave them off and get the attention off of her.

"Honey?" Dante asked his daughter.

"Sorry." she said, voice scratchy from the coughing fit, "Wrong pipe."

Cassandra rubbed her back as they slowly all fell back into conversation. Bali looked over her shoulder and found the blonde from earlier attempting not to laugh from where he stood outside of the kitchen, avoiding eye contact. Bali grinned to herself as she nudged her mom, "Who's he?"

Cassandra followed her gaze with a sigh, "A new kid from the cut. You stay away from him, nothing but trouble."

"Yeah, of course." Bali agreed, looking back at him one more time, "I'll stay away."

one year later.

Cassandra heard a large crash from upstairs, stopping her yoga with a odd look, "Bali, honey, are you okay?"

Silence stood for a second before the teens voice traveled down the stairs, "I'm okay! Fell over my book stack."

"Be carful, honey!" Cassandra called back before starting her calming music and following her trainers positions.