2| TURN THE OTHER WAY

Bali walked away from Sarah after her and Topper began their PDA, getting a gag in response

Bali walked away from Sarah after her and Topper began their PDA, getting a gag in response. JJ watched her ever since she showed up, standing up when he saw her heading over toward the keg. John B poured her a cup, "There you go."

"Thank you." Bali said, going to take a sip before staring at him. Her eyebrows were frowned and she leaned down to be on his eye level.

"Ugh, what are you doing?" John B asked in worry with wide eyes at the Kook that had suddenly been so close and studying his every feature. JJ gave a odd look as he headed over toward them.

"I think I want to use your eyebrows for character inspiration." Bali said as she stared at him, "They look like fat caterpillars that have no hope in turning into a butterfly."

"Oh, woah, thanks." John B said back with a clear of his throat.

"You got Bambi a drink, John B?" JJ asked as he hit his best friend hard on the back and made eye contact with Bali, "Whats going on tonight, Kook Royalty?"

Bali raised her eyebrows his way. Her and JJ had always been good at playing it off as if they barely knew each other in public, no one would have excepted that they even knew each other's names. Kie was the only one that said he always made a point to pick on her and that he needed to back off. She didn't know he was just doing anything possible to be able to talk to Bali in public.

Bali gave a tight lipped smile, "Nothings going on!"

She spoke fast, alarming John B as he gave a crazy look. JJ tried to tell her to cool it through his eyes but was cut off by her back turning and her feet taking her far from the pair.

"Why would I leave this place?" Bali asked as she laid on the roof of the hotel with JJ, a week after they'd been talking each day when he went on his breaks or got a chance to "clean the lobby", "I love the OBX, I just want my beach house."

"You just don't seem like you belong here." JJ spoke bluntly, "You look like a New Yorker or something, like you're a librarian."

"Did you know librarians aren't allowed to read while they're working? Even when no one is at the desk getting any books checked out." Bali informed him, earning a odd look, "I know right?"

"So you want to stay here, and own a hotel? Seriously?" the blonde asked her in disbelief, "You're a liar."

"I am not a liar." she defended herself with a look of disbelief his way, "You're a liar."

"I know I am, but you-" JJ pointed his finger at her, "You are the biggest liar out there, ma'am."

Bali rolled her eyes, "Whats the point of owning a hotel?"

"Knew it." JJ said back.

"Like, seriously. Good money, yes, but all the bills and the paper work and then you spend money on ungrateful customers that don't even give you a yelp rating."