4| A GHOST FROM THE PAST

tw: drug use

tw: drug use.

Bali never liked parties. She likes the music, and the drinks, and a few of the people, but the crowd of sweaty and horny teenagers was living hell to her. Sarah always likes them, Topper has usually been the one to host them in the first place. She'd been the only reason Bali came, Sarah was the only reason Bali did a lot of things.

The Cameron girl ran off with Topper not too long ago, leaving Bali to wonder through the large house. She's always loved Toppers house the most out of all the homes on Figure Eight. It seemed so new, so up to date with everyday life. Bali didn't prefer it in her own home, but it was pretty to look at in another's.

"Is that Bali? Hey, Bali!" the dreadful voice came through the living room. His voice made her think of so many times before, so many times she wasn't herself. Bali wanted to pretend she hadn't heard it, but she she was sure the people all the way on the other side of the island heard him.

"Hi, Rafe." Bali said with a tight lipped smile, avoiding getting into too much conversation but simply couldn't help herself, "Are you really partying with a bunch of teenagers?"

"Oh, come on." he flashed her a smile, "Toppers my boy."

Bali gave a hum and walked over, her eyeing setting on the lines of coke on the table. Her breath caught and she wanted to walk away but was frozen. Kelce came up from snorting a line, "Kelce, are you serious?"

"It's like... bananas." Kelce laughed as he threw the dollar on the table.

Bali looked in disbelief before making eye contact with Rafe. He gave her a grin, "Want a line? For old times sake? It's on me."

Bali looked at him and the table again hesitantly before she gave a shake of her head, turning and leaving as quick as she came.

freshman year.

"My nose feels like it was set on fire." Bali laughed as she leaned back on the couch, the faint white powder along her right nostril, "I've been doing this for months now, why does it still burn?"

"Because you're doing more then you should be." Rafe laughed, whipping her nose for her, "Try the other nostril and get you some nasal spray."

Bali leaned on his shoulder and rubbed her nose, a harsh sniffle coming from her. Bali hadn't slept in three days and was having bad mood swings with her parents. She'd spent the last forty-eight hours with Rafe, in his room, and all the coke he had on him. She felt fine when she was here and avoiding going home at all cost.

Bali had known Rafe all her life, but being three years older then her always seemed like such a big deal. When she was in sixth grade, he was a big eighth grader and she still seemed like a baby. Now that they were both in high school, it wasn't so weird for them to hang out. So when Bali showed up a little early for a sleep over with Sarah, she found Rafe instead.