32| THE UNHOLY TRINITY

"Why we searchin for John B but end up looking for a dumb ass bitch instead?" Berry asked as the trio hopped out of the truck, Bali's instructions clear

"He could be eaten my bears or something." Bali pointed out as she held up her phone flash light, walking past the Kook Academy, "Says we gotta go north past the academy."

"Conners a idiot anyways, I don't understand why we're looking for him." Rafe spoke, walking behind her while Berry was close after, "Bal."

"Aren't you just kinda curious?" Bali spoke up honestly. While in the process of getting Rafe and Berry away from John B and Sarah, she figured she could kill two birds with one stone. Berry and Rafe didn't hate Conner the way the pogues did, and Bali was not gonna head into the woods alone.

"No, i'm not actually." Rafe said back, stepping on a twig as they walked, "Do you seriously thing he's sending you secret messages through a book?"

"Her dumbass would believe it." Berry agreed.

"Your dumbass followed me." Bali shrugged.

"Cause I don't hate you, Archipelago. But if your dumbass gets eaten by a bear, I ain't saving you." he shook his head, talking obnoxious loud from behind the pair, "Black bears take up 60% of North Carolina."

"Look, there's the stop sign." Bali said, stopping suddenly as Berry ran into the back of her. She flipped open the book, "Now we just gotta go down the flower path."

Bali dragged Rafe by the arm when he avoided following her, Berry trialing behind.

"You realize he's probably pulling one of those stupid jokes again." Rafe had to voice his thoughts. While him and Conner weren't necessarily friends after what he did freshman year, he knew him all too well because of their familiar friend group, "Don't you remember halloween?"

"Ah shit, what happened on halloween?" Berry spoke up.

Bali shook her head with a frown, "Nothing."

"Some flowers path." Rafe commented as they headed down the path of dead, tiny flowers. Bali winced when he slapped her arm, "Had a mosquito."

"Yo, yo." Berry called, stepping infront of the pair as he held the flashlight, "Are you two of you stupid? Get your asses stabbed, I don't care."

"Why would we get stabbed?" Bali whispered as they headed closer toward the open field.

"He was kidnapped." Berry said back with a stupid look her way.

"What does that have to do with being stabbed?" Rafe questioned with a odd look, sniffling as he rubbed his nose, "Look, it's late. John B is still out there. We need-"

Bali grabbed both of them by the shoulder when she heard a snap, the three falling to the ground.

"Oh yeah, that was real subtle." Rafe rolled his eyes, getting a shh. Berry sat up, shining his light around.