A Gift from a Royal Scientist

They got the car back here and rest had done her wonders, though everyone seemed a lot more focused on Riley's condition then in going home.. all but Epic who seemed to have started a new project. She supposed that he couldn't work on the machine himself so.. why not? "Guys, you can stop dotting on my now. Classic already confirmed that I'm not concussed anymore.. if I even was in the first place."
"what if your internally bleeding?" Raven asked. "or your scrapes get infected?" Reaper muttered it was a terribleway to die, he knew. "your not helping guys, you're going to scare her!" Alpha chided. "i'm pretty sure she'll be ok now, you three." Classic sighed. He was dying on the inside, most likely. She knew of his crush now. Of all of theirs. "I'm going to check on Epic now.." She slipped off while she could.

♡♡♡

"Hey Epic. What're you doing?" Said skeleton was poking around your car. "checking this thing out, bruh. it's a bruhsome thing you humans have created." Riley sweatdropped. "Right.. well, it'll be in service again once I replace the tire, then maybe you could try it out yourself." She offered. The skeleton perked. "that'd be pretty cool, riley." She was a little taken aback. "I think that may have been the first time you called my by my name.. and didn't use bruh." He chuckled. "don't get used to it, bruh." She sighed, then laughed. "I won't." She tried to show him the basics of how a car worked. She was no mechanic, but the basics weren't beyond her knowledge. "This here, the engine, is where everything starts. As long as the car has gas and oil it will work.. as far as I know. Um.. you can start it from the inside. Just insert the key and turn. There's this.. lever? I don't know.. that controls whether the vehicle can move or not. If you want it to move, have it at the D. Then there's the two petals." She was showing all this as she explained it. "That one is the gas. Makes the car go. That one is the break and makes the car stop." She moved to the wheel. "This makes the vehicle turn. This here shows you which way you are going to turn. Very important." Epic nodded. "nice. very nice, bruh." Epic took a seat, fiddling around with other functions. "Please don't break it.."

♡♡♡

"so, you don't do science, you don't do cars. you do do anime and uh.. stalking? is it considered stalking if you had know clue we existed? anyway- what other hobbies do you have? i haven't exactly been downstairs to get to know our host well." Epic asked. "Oh- well I haven't really been doing many of my hobbies anyway. I've been busy taking care of you all. Reading to TK to sleep, playing with him, cooking for everyone and shopping.." She paused. "Even attempting to help in the construction of the machine."
"huh.. like helping out then."
"Definitely. Helping out is something I like to do, yes. I used to help in charities and such when I was little.. it was better than being home." Epic hummed. "that's a good trait. being kind. wanna know something interesting?" She tilted her head. "i think i know your three major soul traits." Riley blinked. "I thought there was only one?" He shook his head. "there are three. the primary, the secondary, and the tertiary. wanna know them?" She was curious. "Sure."
"your primary is perseverance, i you've dealt with a lot and are still pushing forward." He reached into his pocket. "your secondary trait is kindness. you proved that in the beginning." He pulled something out and put it in her hand, closing it. "the final is determination. determination is always one of the three." The scientist returned to the house. She looked at what he'd given her. It was a crystalline heart that shown in red, green, and purple. It was beautiful..