A Normal Kid

"can i go to the park?" Riley looked at TK as they all ate breakfast. "I mean.. I don't see why not." She thought a moment. "Might want your hood up though." For his sake. She didn't want the other kids teasing him. Her thoughts were on the conversation she heard last night. Reaper said TK loved her in a different way. Did he see her as a mother? He'd never had a mother before, and she supposed that she did treat and worry about him like a mother would. She was doing it now. "oh ok!" He was putting up his hood now. Riley laughed. "Let me finish eating first!" She glanced around. The others were blushing. Oh stars it was true. All of them.. her cheeks grew warm as well. Should this be happening? They had there lives and she had hers.. Even if she did go with them back to their world.. how could she choose..? "done yet? you're kinda staring off."
"Yeah. Yeah I'm done." She got up and took her cheerios to the bathroom to dump. As she went back to the kitchen, Classic stopped her. "you ok, kid?"
"I'm fine, just not very hungry. Kid's waiting."

♡♡♡

Riley offered her hand to TK when they got into the town. He took it. They walked across streets and into downtown. It wasn't long before they reached the park, many children running around and playing on the sets. It was a nice day out. She let go and TK ran off to play. She watched closely, making sure TK was doing ok in this world. "Is that the recluse?" Ignore them. "The girl who lives outside the town?" They were just gossipers. "I didn't know she had a child."
"The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. That poor kid.."
"Her uncle was crazy, she's weird, that kid is going to be the same." She grit her teeth and whirled on the couple that was talking. "Hey, you can say what you want about me, but leave TK out of this!" She glared at the couple. "T...K...? What kind of name is that?"
"A perfectly fine one. Just because his name is unique and he's living with me, doesn't mean he's crazy or weird." The couple looked more amused than anything. "I'm shocked a recluse even cares."

♡♡♡

She faltered a little. "Just because I haven't had a chance to meet other people-"
"is there a problem here?" TK had come up. "No. Are you done already?"
"i wanted to ask if you'd push me on the swings?" She smiled. "Of course, Kid." He lead her away from the couple. "thanks for defending me, that happen often?" TK asked. "Not really. It's like they said, I don't leave my house often except to get groceries- have you been listening the entire conversation?" He laughed. "well yeah.. i didn't want to leave you alone." She smiled and put a hand on his back. "Thank you, but it's my job to protect you while you're here. You can just be a normal kid." As he'd always wanted. She could see the glitter in his sockets. "really?" He sat on the swing. "Yes really. You should take this chance while you have it." She pushed on his back. "thank you."
"Of course."

♡♡♡

TK laughed as he got higher and higher. Riley was enjoying his happiness. "When did I become such a mom?" She mused quietly to herself. "What IS that?" A kid asked. More gathered around to look at TK. His hood had fallen with the gravity of the swing. "That is none of your concern. Go play." She tried to shoo off the kids. They wouldn't leave. "Just leave my kid alone, would you!?" She didn't want these kids bothering TK with stupid questions. A hand took hers and they weren't in the park anymore. She looked over at TK. He was pulling his hood up. "i'm sorry.."
"It's fine, TimeKid. Hey.. want some ice cream? It's like nice cream, but less magic."
"it sounds yum.. uh.. i'm sorry my hood came down."
"It's ok, really. I swear. Let's go get some ice cream."