Attempting to Help a Depressed Dead Guy

Alpha didn't come to breakfast this morning. Riley thrummed her fingers on the countertop. Alpha was scaring the crap out of her. Even if he was already dead, this depression couldn't be good. She had to help, somehow.
She went to the guest bedroom and poked her head in. Alpha was lying face down on the bed. "Alpha?" No answer. "Alpha." Nothing. "I know your not asleep."
"i wish i was." He finally replied. "Get your butt up. We've got things to do."
"i don't have things to do. let me contemplate my existence in peace." She huffed and walked in. "Nope." She wrapped her arms around his chest and dragged him off the bed. Oddly enough, he allowed it, simply groaning at the feeling of leaving comfort. "Today, we are going to help the others make plans." His gaze shifted up to her. "plans?"
"To get you back to 404, of course."

♡♡♡

Alpha was drawing out sketches with her now. She figured it was about 404. Alpha had gotten himself killed by Infected to protect his brother. Now 404 was in their au alone with it. He had to be worried sick about 404. Which did nothing to help with the depression. So here she was, attempting to distract him from it all. It was either this or binge watching Arrow and stuffing their faces with ice cream. She figured Alpha would appreciate this more. "why are you doing this?" He asked out of nowhere. "Doing what?" Riley knew exactly what. "helping me.. helping us, go home? aren't you lonely? being alone here?" Hit the knail on that one. "Of course I am, but getting you all back to your family is way more important then keeping you here. If Toriel can take it, then I can too." He quirked a bonebrow.

♡♡♡

"i have a question." Classic was checking over the designs, with Epic being his second opinion. "I have an answer." Riley joked back. He rolled his eyes. "where's your family?"
"... Well.. my mom's an addict and my dad was never in the picture. I know nobody in my family. I didn't even know I had a great uncle until I got this place. It was his place."
"...you know my au is the first, but it's lesser known. how did you know about it? about me?" She shrugged. "Beats me. I was just web surfing, thought 404 looked cool, looked up his au, then found out about you." (I also may or my not have purposely looked up lesser known aus for this entire book.) "huh." We looked over to Classic. "there's no science to this plan at all, but the design may actually work." Riley grinned nervously. "Thanks..? I'm no scientist, I don't do math and logic all that well." Classic snorted and Alpha went to take a peak. He covered his mouth immediately. Tears came to his eyes. "bruh? you ok?" Epic looked concerned. Raven looked confused. He'd only just gotten here. "er.. alpha?" Said skeleton burst out laughing. "w-wha? magic? seriously?" He said in between laughter. Riley flushed. "U-uh.." On her design plan, was nearly everything to do with magic, so she wrote M A G I C on the top of it. Well, at least Alpha was something other than depressed.

♡♡♡

After that bit of embarrassment, Riley went to make lunch. "never heard him laugh before." It was Reaper. "No?"
"i don't know alpha all that well, but for as long as i have known him, no pun or humor made him laugh. perhaps because we are all simply versions of classic. perhaps he just needed a fresh perspective. or perhaps you somehow remind him of his brother. hell if i know." The death sans leaned against the counter. "so what's for lunch?" What a great setup. "Something to die for." She snickered. Reaper froze. "i never thought i'd be so proud." Alpha came in. "hey kid?" Reaper and Riley looked over. "Yeah Alpha?"
"i.. wanna thank you. for making me feel better. and.. making me laugh. it's.. been awhile."
"No problem. I was glad to help."
"uh.. what's for lunch?"
"something to die for."
"Hey! I already made that joke!"