Stitchpunk

"A stitchpunk is a ragdoll-like homunculus creation animated by a cognitive fragment of a human's soul. They are brought to life and awakened by means of alchemical performance via the Talisman."

(source: ninepedia)

Stitchpunk could be considered a creation of Shane Acker based on his movie "9" (2009).

This punk subgenre is a mix of other Sci-Fi genres and visuals. Stitchpunk could be defined as a post-apocalyptic dystopia of Steampunk and Dieselpunk influence. And maybe, in the mix, you could add a bit of Quantumpunk...

The elements of Steampunk and Dieselpunk are ever-present in the machines, the technology depicted and the society—or point in time— and originate from the 1930's/1940's Europe.

Stitchpunk presents a post-apocalyptic post-WWII-like world where humankind has been erased and the future of rebuilding is set upon the frail shoulders of ragdolls infused with the soul of their creator.

In this universe, technology is as much a tool as a danger. The Quantumpunk element would be the part where the soul of a human being is transferred to the doll, effectively transcending the body barrier, lending almost-immortality to the new creature. However, the difficulty to remain whole in this new world inhabited by destructive machines does not warrant an easy life and rather would bring a fast death to the less agile.

On the visual aspect, there is the influence of Tim Burton. From Edward Scissorhands and its gothic vibes to The Nightmare Before Christmas Oogie Boogie's shape or Sally's stitches...

Stitchpunk, with all its elements, makes for an interesting subgenre to explore for a Haloween story if even just for the stitched dolls, a reminder of Frankenstein's creature, infused with life, sent on a journey to learn and survive.