WattPunk

There have been one or two proposals as to what actually constitutes the little-known sub-genre of Science Fiction known in certain circles as the above mentioned, 'Wattpunk.'

Here though, is the official Ooorah definition...

In it's purest form, WattPunk is, theoretically, any story written on Wattpad. However, for reasons that we're not going to go into here (and the fact that we at Ooorah are all about getting our Sci-Fi on) there are, of course, a few rules to which said story must adhere.

1 - Obviously, the work must be of a science fictional nature.

2 - Said work of a science fictional nature must, as the name suggests, be present on Wattpad.

3 - Given the literary nature of Wattpad, only written works can be classified as WattPunk.

So at the moment, you're probably thinking to yourself that any Sci-Fi story here on Wattpad can be classified as WattPunk...

4 - WattPunk stories, generally, tell of a given future where literature and by extension, literary websites, have shaped the way the world is perceived by the human race. When combined with any other given sub-genre of science fiction, there are few restrictions to the kind of world a WattPunk author can create.

5 - Rather than the above, WattPunk stories often feature Wattpad authors in leading roles, perhaps as protagonists whereby their words go some way to changing the world for the better or as antagonists, in which their words lead to the destruction of humanity as we know it.

6 - Perhaps WattPunk stories tell of life following the demise of Wattpad, and the effects - be they positive or negative - that has on society in general.

7 - (Thanks to TheOrangutan for this one!) Perhaps there are no social media sites, other than Wattpad, and the big orange 'W,' rules the internet!