Soulpunk

SoulPunk — A subdivision of Quantum Punk focusing on the evolution of the human kind as a species into the quantum level: the smallest element, eternal and ethereal... When a human being is summed up to the soul.

Are souls immortal? And if immortality is a given souls would be hosted in a series of bod dies, organic, clones, or droids.

Imagine a world where the black market for bodies is thriving, people are abducted, souls extracted to become a blank canvas, an empty corpse ready for a new host. Somehow, the really rich will become immortal, the poorest needing to hide if they want to survive. Suddenly, the chasm between the rich and the poor is deeper than the Mariana trench...

A few more questions to explore:

- What happens when a soul is forced into a host whose soul has not yet been evicted?

- Does a soul really need a host to exist?

- What will be the next plane of existence?

Think of Q in Star Trek: An entity and a species in itself, with godlike features, that has reached the highest level of existence.

Another interpretation of the Soul Punk genre could be a mix of Candle punk and theological Sci-Fi: Think of settings similar to the Council of Valladolid (1550-1551 AD) and the question whether the inhabitants of the "New World" owned a soul.

In a Space colonization story and the discovery of a new planet... would the explorers consider the alien inhabitants of this planet their equal, owning a soul?

Or reverse it: Earth is under attack! Aliens are invading and enslaving humankind... consider us as some sort of soulless cattle...

Soulpunk is the genre that tries to define what makes us human.

An example of soulpunk on Wattpad would be the Risen series by bloodsword. It's also a central theme in Keeper of the Sleeping Minds by jinnis.