Deception | 16

"its all his fault" he clenched his sword so tightly it begun to shake. "Tomorrow is the night we will take action, and get our revenge!" he held up his sword as the others held up their fist and loudly cheering in a place under Inazuma city, where they couldn't be found or heard.

"The Tenryou commission will not allow the Fatui to get away with their evil deeds... we must make sure that the harbingers suffer the same lost they had given us" he grinned.

"but we'll be severally punished if we act without the order of Ms. Kujou" one of them stated.

"HUH?! you got a problem with that?!" The leader retorted, leaning over the poor guy who was trembling in fear, knowing that he was no match compared to him especially since he was unarmed and he had a sword, "n-no sir!" he yelled out of fear before running away.

The leader smirked and began to laugh, "tomorrow, the fatui will fall to their knees by the might of the all mighty shogun!" he shouted with confidence before looking to his side

"Rookie you got the main role, so better not mess it up" he ordered.

The young man who he glared at slowly lifted his head revealing his heavy eyebags as if he hasn't slept in weeks. "I am happy to accept..." he said lowing his head down again and bowing on his knees.

"here, you'll use this."

The leader threw over a small pocket knife, "it small, but it's sharp. It should be at least light enough for your tooth pick arms to use."

The knife fell in front of the young man making a clunk sound as it hit the rock ground. His eyes widened at the sight of the knife that slid over to his boots. He hesitated bend down as he was clearly not in the right mind to understand what he was getting himself into.

"this time I'll be watching, so make sure you kill her... Then when you do, I'm sure that Balladeer you despise so much will show up." The leader said.

"hm" the boy muttered. "ALRIGHT, EVERYONE SETTLE DOWN" The Leader shouted gaining everyone's attention. "TONIGHTS MEETING IS NOW OVER" he announced as he got up from his seat.

The young man quickly picked up the knife and hid it in his sleeve well the Leader walked towards him. "If you fail to kill her again. Someone else you care for will die again by the hands of that Harbinger" He whispered into the young mans ear as he walked past.

The Leader's footsteps echoed in his ears, shivers went down his spine as the words of the leader reminded the young man of the corps of his brother that laid lifelessly in front of the Inazuma city entrance.

it was all her fault

if she had died from that fall, the Balladeer wouldn't have slain his older brother. He tightened his fist, "I know.." he muttered with his eyes now burning with anger.

She must have aided him. Or else why would she have been with him that day.

"unforgivable"

The 'Captain' smirked at the young man who was oblivious to the fact that he was being used to do all the dirty work, in order for the Tenryou commission to settle the score with the Fatui who so arrogantly came into Inazuma, along with killing their comrades and "forcing" Kujou Takayuki to work for them.

"I have high hopes for you" he said waving his arms before disappearing into the dark night.

"Yeah..." the young man responded.

"[name]?" Ayaka asked, "oh! sorry, I just felt like someone was just talking about me" you awkwardly smiled well rubbing the back of your head. "hmmm... are you really sure you're feeling alright?" she leaned closely to your face questioning you,  "y-yes?" you retreated backwards.

"I see," Ayaka started, as she sat back up, "I guess there's not much we can do right now if [name] doesn't remember,"

"but, we should continue to keep a close eye on her in case anything comes up" She told Traveler.

Ayaka smiled, "Alright! well that settles it for now..." she said, getting up from her seat before glancing at you, "[name] is there something on your mind?" she turned to you, noticing your tense expression,"if you'd like, we could go on a walk together?' Ayaka offered.

"Maybe, but it's quite dark outside" you said a bit hesitant as you looked at the clock again. "you're right, but you won't be able to rest well if you think too much" Ayaka told you with a warm smile.

for a moment you could see flowers surrounding her along with a warm aroma, "alright- I guess I don't have much of a choice then" you got up, accepting her offer.

"That's Ayaka for you!" Paimon commented, looking at Traveler who also agreed.

——

Changing your shoes, you soon left with Ayaka for a walk.

"Sorry for causing you trouble again" you apologized as you walked slightly behind Ayaka. "No, no, it's alright. You don't need to apologize" she reassured you well she held a lamp in front of her to navigate through the dark.

"it's a bit cold" you commented, holding your elbows. Ayaka stopped and looked over to you, causing you to stop too, she smiled, "here you can borrow my jacket" She said as she gave you the lamp, "no it's alright-"

"I'm fine" she told you well she placed the jacket she once wore over you. "I- thank you.." you said, already feeling the warmth of the jacket that was covered in fur underneath.

"it may be summer but the nights can get cold" Ayaka informed you before taking back the lamp in your hand. "yeah" you agreed as you both continued on your walk, but as you took a step forward you noticed a familiar sign causing you to stop again.

Ayaka noticed and turned around, "is something the matter?" she asked walking up to you, "oh it's just that sign over there" you pointed over to something beside a shop. Ayaka moved the lamp closer the direction you pointed at to get a better look.

"the summer festival poster?" she asked stepping a bit closer to the sign. You nodded,

"are you interested?" She looked over to you.

"a bit" you responded.

She grinned, "the festival is tomorrow night, if you'd like I could ask Thoma to accompany you there"

Your eyes lit up with excitement, "yeah... that would be nice" you looked to the side with your cheeks tainted pink. Ayaka chuckled at your expression, "you still like festival's just as always" she commented before looking back at the poster.

"but, will you be alright? After all, the incident did happen during a festival" she reminded you as she back looked at you with a worried look. "don't worry, it's not like I remember much of what happen that day anyways" you nervously rubbed the back of your head.

"Is that so?" You started, "If that's the case, I'll have Thoma know to accompany you tomorrow when we get back" She said with a soft smile.

"Thank you.." you muttered happily.

𒊹︎head canon: Thoma was asleep during all of this

Questions:

Is the story messy?
Do you feel like it's all over the place?

How do you feel about this Chapter?

Pls let me know what u think so far:')

𒊹︎If there's smth you don't like pls let me know,
I'll make sure to take it to note 📝