ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝔸𝕥 𝕄𝕚𝕕𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 |ℍ𝕒𝕟𝕖𝕞𝕚𝕪𝕒 𝕂𝕒𝕫𝕦𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕒 (ᴘᴀʀᴛ 1)

Requested by: Pretty_pumpkin123

Now playing: Night Changes by One Direction (Acoustic Version)

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

You walked to the direction of your best friend's house, wondering why he hadn't shown up these past few days.

You finally reached his doorstep, taking notice of that the lights are still on. He hadn't gone to sleep yet. You inhaled before knocking twice, patiently waiting for him to open the door.

No answer.

You knocked twice again, this time hearing a few bumps here and there, as if someone inside is struggling to move properly. Finally, the doorknob began to twist as you composed yourself.

Once the door opened, you saw his confused face, clearly not expecting you to be there. He forced himself to smile whatsoever, seeing your frown.

"Hi (Y/N)-chan... What can I do for you?" he asked, looking away.

"Look Kazu-chan, it's kind of private and I want to talk about it inside, if you may." you spoke clearly.

He paused for a moment before nodding and moving aside a bit, allowing you to go inside his apartment. Once you did, he closed the door behind and looked down, feeling too awkward to talk properly.

You faced him and cupped his face between your warm hands, his face turning into a light pink. "What happened?"

He looked at your eyes and gulped, not moving. "What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean." you answered, brows furrowed. "It's been a few days since I last saw you, and you haven't been answering any of my calls and texts ever since. Did I do something wrong?"

His eyes widened at what you said before moving his hands to yours, holding it and pulling it down. "Look (Y/N)-chan, I'm fine. It's nothing."

"Nothing my ass... You're gonna talk to me today whether you like it or not." and with that, you sat down the couch, pulling his hand for him to sit as well.

He hid a small smile, mentally thanking you for worrying about him.

"Tell me, how'd the past few days go for you?" you asked, rummaging through your bag to find the cookies you bought for him.

He just stared at you and at the box you placed on his living room table, eyes dull. "It's... It's been... Uneventful."

You stopped for a moment before going back to opening the box of cookies, offering him something after you did so.

He gladly took one and bit on it, munching the snack while holding the box.

"Huh... It's okay if you don't want me to know about it, you know. I'm just... I'm just worried about you." you confessed, biting on a cookie and looking away form him.

"I know." he simply said. "Don't worry, you did nothing wrong. It's just..."

You looked at him, wanting him to continue where he left off.

"It's been hellish lately." he whispered, loud enough for you to hear.

He knows he can trust you when it came to such things hence, he doesn't think twice in telling you things he chooses to keep to himself.

"And I'd hate myself if I ever bother you about it or something." he added, taking another cookie and eating it.

He sure didn't sound like the usual.

"And after I..." he paused, thinking of something else to say, "I mean, how did that boy's confession go? Do you have a boyfriend now?" he asked, smiling.

You shaked your head at his attempt to change the topic however, you decide to just go with it.

"Nope. I didn't like him." you spoke, looking at him. "I have a much more preferred guy, I'll tell you that."

He chuckled at your response, sounding forced and unhappy.

"Yeah... Sure you do." he muttered.

"Yeah I do..."

It turned quiet after that, only the sound of cookies being munched on resounding throughout the both of you.

"Oh look, it's almost midnight. Would you like me to uh bring you home?" he asked, sounding unsure.

"I'll go home once I make sure you're feeling better. I just can't leave you right now, you're way  important."

His cheeks heated up but he shaked his head and just sat back down, looking at the cookie box.

"Thank you."

Tears welled up on the corners of his eyes, now turning glossy.

"Hey it's okay. I'm here for you." you said, running your hands on his back.

"What, I'm not even crying." he joked.

"Uh huh?" you played along, smiling at him. "You sure about that Kazu-chan?"

He just chuckled at you, his cheeks tinted pink.

"Jeez who thought you'd be this sad? My, I wish I just visited earlier." you mumbled.

"Yeah right.." he scoffed.

"Hey I'm being serious here Tora-san!" you yelled a bit, "And I damn well ain't kidding when I said you're more important!"

He laughed at your remark, making you smile at him. It's nice to hear him laugh again.

"But really though, you should stop making me feel so important." he spoke. "It would be hard if you were to just ignore me one day."

Your eyes widen at his words, now remembering what you did in the first place.

"Oh..."

"..."

"...I'm really really sorry about that, Kazutora. I've been so busy lately that I... That I accidentally ignored you."

He smiled a bit, offering you a cookie. "Don't worry about it. I know you have your own obligations."

"But... You know, I keep on making you feel important because I don't want you to feel left out. That shit's awful." you remarked.

"Yeah, it sure is."

"Want another cookie?"

"Sure."

I'm really sorry if this is not how you'd like it to be.