Chapter 9-Hate you...not

Aelia's POV

I so hate her...I hate her so freaking much!
Since I met her,all she gave me was pain! I hate Foxy Heather so much! I slapped myself for getting angry over it. I mean,I don't care if Foxy kissed Dana on her lips?! I don't care. So why am I here,in the girl's locker room,getting worked up? I'm not attracted to Dana in anyway cause I'm straight and not gay. Just then I got a text from Alex.

Alex: Hey babe, what's wrong,I couldn't come out of the class cause the teacher walked in just after you left"
Me: It's nothing,I just needed some air,I needed to think.
Alex: You're lying.

I rolled my eyes. Wow,not the first time he's calling me a liar.

Me: I'll see you when I get to class"  I threw the phone back in my purse and took a deep breath. None of your business Aelia. So act like it. I stuck my head up and walked out of there to the classroom.
I avoided eye contact with Dana and headed straight to my desk with my best smile. Everyone was sketching away on their pad and I whispered to Alex.
"Psst,Alex!" He turned to face me.
"Hmm?"
"What did he ask us to sketch this time?"
"A portrait of something,an object we like so much,maybe a gift or something" I nodded slowly and got out my pad.

I was chewing my pencil when and idea came to my head. The necklace. The necklace Dana gave me. It was in my mind's eye. I started with a curved line and focused completely on the sketch.

Two hours and some minutes later,I was done and impressed with my work. I touched the necklace on my neck and smiled. I had already painted the drawing and it looked so realistic,I was so proud of it. The teacher asked us to come to the front of the class and explain why our drawing was so special to us and why we liked it so much. I was nervous to do so cause Dana would be watching me the whole time. After five persons,who were really good,the teacher called my name.
"Aelia Meyers? You're next" He nodded to me and I took slow breaths. I held my painting away from the class so they couldn't see it.

When I got to the front of the class,I don't know why but the first person I saw staring at me was Dana Lauryn. I swallowed hard and tried to stand still. I was wondering why my hands were shaking and butterflies in my belly were flying around so much. I finally placed the drawing on the stand and everyone gasped. They were all smiling and admiring it. Dana's eyes widened and I was happy she was impressed. I began talking.

"This is a painting of...a gift I got from a very sweet friend." I paused and looked at Dana. Her eyes were glued to me and my painting. I touched my necklace. "Since the very day we met, I've always liked her cause well... she's fun and the most amazing friend to ever have....she gave me this gift on the first day even after j was being rude to her. And I'm such a douche, I've hurt her so much she can't even talk to me. I just want to say a very big thank you to her,and I want to say that if I've done anything to hurt her in anyway... I'm so...so sorry" I held my chest and glanced at Dana. Her lashes were slightly wet and she was holding her lips between her teeth. I looked at the teacher and he was certainly moved. He dabbed his eyes and smiled at me.

"Wonderful presentation Aelia,you get an A+" I was shocked to the point I started crying. Some course mates walked to me and helped me back to my seat. They took my painting and hung it in the front of the class. I felt so loved and honoured. Dana left the class immediately,and she didn't get to have her turn. The class was then over in an hour. Just as I was walking out of the class,I felt a hand grabbed my wrist. It was Dana. She pulled me out of the school and back to our dorm. As she closed the door,she pressed me against the door and stared in my eyes. She'd been crying. Her hands were on my bare waist,I shook.
"What have you done to me,Aelia" Her fresh breath hit my face. I gulped in confusion.
"I-I don't understand,what did I do?"

She placed her finger over my lips.

"Do you like me Aelia"

What's Aelia's answer? Keep reading to find out. Is she gonna turn her down or... Leave a vote! 🌟🌟