Chapter 2-Hanging out with you

Aelia's POV

"Hey Aelia!" I heard a very familiar voice call as Dana and I walked outside to take some fresh air. I had shown her around the school and Dana is pretty cool and funny. I've learned she's rich and she's humble. That's cool.

"Hi Cherry" Cherry winked at me and then looked at Dana. "Who's the new girl? And wow,I love your necklace! OMG!" I giggled and touched my precious gift. Dana stood closer to me and waved at Cherry and stuffed her hands back into her pocket. That was when I noticed how tall Dana is. My head stops at her chest. I frowned at that realization.
"Hi! I'm Cheryl,you can call me Cherry" Dana took Cherry's hand softly and shook it. "Nice to meet you" I caught Dana staring at Cherry and I was confusingly jealous? No way eww.

"So! Where'd you get the necklace Aelia, it's fire!"
I looked up at Dana.
"Dana gave it to me" Cherry's smile dropped. "Wait,so you're telling me that,Dana just came and she already had a gift for you? Best roommate or what!" I laughed and nodded. "Wow, Dana that's nice"
"Babe come on!" I heard Jasper call Cherry. I looked back and waved at him and he waved back.
"I'll see you around Aelia and...Dana" She winked at the both of us and skipped over to Jasper.

Now it was just me and Dana again. Awkward.
"So! Tell me about you" The weather was so beautiful. The sun shone lightly and the wind caressed my skin and equally blew my hair all over my face. I looked at Dana when she said that but nodded either way.
I walked to a bench big enough for four and sat at the edge thinking Dana would sit at the edge too but she sat few inches from me. I dropped my hand beside me on the bench and our pinkies touched. I heard a slight gasp from her and it made me wonder if she felt what I felt.

"Are you talking to me or..." I was just staring into space.
"Oh yeah, sorry" I tucked my hair behind my ear and decided to warm up around Dana if we are at all going to be friends. I faced her and put my crossed legs on the bench. I saw her eyes dart from left to right and then land on mine.
"I'm Aelia Meyers,and I'm the only child of my parents." I paused when she looked amused.
"Really?" I nodded and licked my lips.
"I'm really spoilt but I don't let it get to my head okay? I just turned 18 last year,September 14th and I have a boyfriend" Was the last part really necessary? I mentally face palmed myself.

"A boyfriend? Wow,good for you" She smiled genuinely. "So what do your parents do for a living"
"They're secret agents actually,and unfortunately,they are not always home" I pouted but quickly smiled.
"Oh sorry about that,but on my part, that's partying for me!" She yelled and I giggled.
We stayed silent for a while just enjoying the weather. Then I felt her eyes on me. I looked down at my fingers out of sheer shyness.
"That necklace really suits you,swear"

"Thank you Dana...for it. And I'm sorry for being rude earlier today,I just preferred staying in a room alone. I'm used to it." I apologized sincerely. She nodded with a bright,happy smile.
"Sure,no big deal"
Her eyes were still on me and I swear I was getting butterflies in my stomach.

Yay! Next chapter is Dana's POV so stay tuned to see what Dana thinks of her new roommate. ❤️❤️ Don't forget the star below! 🌟